Chapter 28 Discussions

Alpha Richard has been alpha for I don't know how long. Felix will only take over once his dad decides to step down – which looks like it would never happen. He is one of those old people who are more fit than the teenagers in his pack. And he likes being alpha. Added to his continues eyerolls at his son, it was obvious Felix still had a lot of time to be the young-Alpha.

As I enter their house I'm once again awestruck at the beauty of it. Everything is modernised, from the shiny white tiles on the floors to the gorgeous paintings that line the walls. The architecture of the place is open panelled where the large kitchen (like as big as my whole house probably), larger sitting room and dining room are all in one area. There are only about two private rooms in the whole downstairs part of the house – the bathroom and Alpha Richard's study.

"My dad still apears to be busy" Felix said as he glances at his dad's closed study room, "He has a meeting with Willow and Triston now"

I nod, looking around the house once more. I had only been here a handful time and I was still awestruck by how amazing the place was.

"Want to come upstairs and hang out for a bit?" Felix asks as he nodds his head towards the spiral glass staircase.

"What?" the word comes out spluttered and I feel my cheeks growing hot.

"Do you want to come upstairs? My dad still might be a while and I have a television up there. We can watch some shows or something"

I slowly nod, still a bit unsure. Never – in my whole life – has Felix ever invited me to anywhere. Especially not to his house, nevermind his room.

"I'm not going to kill you Lily – chill"

Before I can answer thought, the office door opens and the two betas step out. Willow is our age, her mom having already given up the title. She gives me a short wave before she and Triston had to the door.

"Lily" Alpha Richard smiles, capturing my attention.

"I'll see you later squirrel" Before I can turn towards Felix he's already running up those stairs.

"Come on in" my alpha said, heading into his room. I rush towards the door, not wanting to keep him waiting. He's already sitting by his desk, smiling at me, "Please sit down"

I nod, following his instructions. His office is just as modern as the rest of the house with a glass desk, a laptop so thin it would probably pass as paper and a huge television on south wall. Behind the alpha – instead of a wall – was just glass. It was any clumsy person's nightmare.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"I've been good, thank you Alpha. Glad to be back"

"That's good. Is it okay if I ask you some questions about Hellwood? Feel free to not answer if it makes you feel uncomfortable"

I only nodded, trying to calm down my heart.

"Who is currently the alpha there?"

"A guy named Matt"

"And are their defences strong?" I thought back to when I tried to escape for the first time and slowly nodded.

Alpha Richard nodded before asking another question.

And another

And another...

When he had finally finished, seemingly satisfied with my little knowledge of the 'enemy' pack, I was free to go.

"Thank you again Lily" He smiled at me as he stood up. He opened the door for me, letting me leave.

"Damn... you guys were in there for like two hours" I swear, I just turned into a kangaroo. My head whips to where Felix is leaning against the wall. A smirk appeared on his face and for a moment I remember the smirks Chase always used to give me. I wonder if he was doing okay. If he was plotting revenge on me...

I would. I had ruined that poor guy's life.

"Lily?" Felix's hand waves in front of my face and when I look over at him he lets out a chuckle, "Thank goodness, thought you were going into shock or something. Didn't mean to scare you"

"You didn't scare me"

"Sure I didn't squirrel" he grinned.

"What do you want Felix?" I asked, feeling heat creep up to my cheeks.

"Just came to check on you" he shrugged, "You were in there for forever"

"I'm perfectly fine"

His quiet for a moment and it seems like he wants to say something but the words don't escape his mouth. He sighes, closing his eyes. There's a crinkle in his forehead and for a moment I feel that I should maybe just leave.

"Come on" he said and started to move away from the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Just come on Squirrel"

I rolled my eyes but still followed.

_________________________________________

What they going to do now? Haha

Even if this chapter is bit on boring side it's important. All the 'boring' chapter are kind of part of the bigger picture. So just be patient my pets

Thanks for continuing to read. Can't believe people are actually enjoying this book. Loves you alllllllllllll 

A9