Chapter 12 Falling

889 words

The girl is clearly human, her stature betraying her. As she fell, a million things through my mind. What would happen if I just let her fall? She'd splat flat like a pancake. I can't let that happen. I looked over at her pack thought they were frozen.

Morons...

I don't know what had come over me but I did something I thought I'd never do. I jump. Her body fell right on my back, the impact not too bad. Thought she's probably in some sort of pain. Humans are so fragile...

In front of me her pack is starring wide-eyed. Their leader's mouth is even gaped, as if he is unsure of what to do. I feel the weight leave my back and my ears pick up a thump next to me. She scampers to a tree, hitting her head against the rough bark. I turn towards her, giving her a warning snarl to not move. She stars at me wide eyes, her eyes becoming glassy. I kept my eyes locked on hers, they capturing me in. Damn, those eyes are beautiful. Bright and full of life. They were the colour of the sea when the sun touches it just right. Or the sky in midday... just, they were the perfect blue.

A sudden noise makes me whip my head around to the pack leader. The guy standing in front of me is lean thought he has the typical six pack all werewolves possess. With dark brown hair that has been cut into an army cut and scared chocolate eyes, I kind of want to smirk at the guy's lightly shaking legs. You wouldn't pick up on it if you weren't of rank.

I let out a growl, telling the idiot to stay so I can shift back into my own human form. Quickly run to wear my clothes are, I quickly get dressed before speeding back to the boarder. I'm just in time for her to cross the border and my fun would be over. My fingers surround her small wrist, the thing so thin I find it hard how her hands are able to support anything. I can feel her heartbeat, the thing like a hummingbird.

"Where do you think you're going?" Her heart skips a beat, making me smile.

When she speaks, her voice is soft, it slightly shaking, "To – to my pack"

"I don't think so" I say, trying not to growl, "You crossed the territory"

The idiot speaks up again, trying to salvage the situation but only makes me more irritated. I watch him step forward, my grip around the girl's wrist tightening.

"One more step and you'll belong here too boy" I can't help but smile when I see him flinch with the boy comment. He's probably my age too but if I call it how I see it.

The girl speaks up again, trying to get back to her territory.

"Too bad, you're mine now"

She begs and for a moment I kind of want to let her go. That voice, so pleading – so desperate...

Instead I let out a chuckle, trying to hide my thoughts. I drag her closer to my body, her small frame almost disappearing when she's so close to me. I place my one arm around her neck, feeling her gulp. The other one I place by her small hip, feeling the bone jutting out through the thin material of her dress.

The idiot speaks up again, his eyes trained on the girl. Every time this guy speaks, he is just making me more irritated. I can't phantom why, but it's not a nice feeling.

"Please dude, she's not even a wolf"

O we all knew that you...

"She sure smells like one" I see his eyes narrow and his hands start to shake as my fingers glide through a strand of strawberry blonde hair. The girl shakes lightly and I brace myself for the warmth that fills my core.

"She's part of our pack, she's not a shifter, please – just... she made a mistake" he sounded so desperate, so helpless. His eyes were staring at the girl thought maybe he just didn't want to lose a pack member. And he's not even alpha yet, if the council sees him unfit (and this would definitely make him) he'd lose his position.

"Tell your pack to be more careful with their kind" I say, my grip on her hip tightening without me actually wanting it to. Yip that was jealousy. This was definitely jealousy.

"Please" she says, her voice breaking.

"You'll be a lot more convincing if you'd look at me sweetheart"

Okay, damn Chase – way to be a weirdo...

Yet, she turns. Her mouth slowly gapes open and her eyes darken. I need to get out of here before I mark her.

"Name's Chase, never come into my territory again" I take a nose-full of her delicious scent before pushing her away, watching as she stumbles into the assholes arms. I almost want to grab her back and claw his eyes out but know it's not my place.

"If I see any of you close to the border again – I will end you!" I growl through gritted teeth. I look over at the frightened girl, her eyes holding nothing but fear. With a wink I run away. What the hell is going on with me!?