Chapter 23 Wolfing

I'm never turning back. Honestly, I would stay a wolf forever. Everything felt better. The grass beneath my paws was as if it was part of me. The soft breeze that blew made me feel as if I was Pocahontas. My ears picked up every little thing. From the birds fluttering their wings above me to the soft vibrations of paws from other creatures on the ground. I could see every detail of the trees, how the barks told a story, how the leaves edged darker green veins.

But the most mesmerizing of it all.

The moon.

Sitting in the middle of black blanket with tiny white piercings dotting the inky darkness was the round symbol of lycanthrope. It was huge and I could see each dent, each structured burden that embedded it surface. It was the most detailed of everything. I would stare at it all night. Drinking in its godlike presence.

I forced my eyes away from it, looking over at the black wolf next to me. His eyes didn't resemble the moon at all anymore. They were just grey. Beautiful but how I had ever seen those two matching goes beyond me.

Want to go for a run?

I nodded, excitement coursing through me. I could feel my tail wagging, the feeling foreign to me but still nice.

Come on

Chase nudged me, starting to move. I followed him, enjoying the feeling of the wind gliding through my fur, the way my body was moving. As if it already knew that this was my future from now on. Who would ever want to change back?

Chase leads me through the trees, leading me somewhere thought every time I ask, he doesn't respond. Maybe I haven't gotten the hang of this whole mind-link thing yet...

I'm about to start worrying that he was leading me somewhere where Goldilocks went missing when suddenly, I was awestruck.

The forest suddenly opened up, an open space beckoning in front of me. It was mesmerizing. The grass was as green as the Irish and there was no obstructions in the area. It was... it was perfect. The forest was cut off by large rocks surrounding the space, the only opening where we stood.

Chase turned his head towards me, a twinkle in his eyes

What is this place?

It's sacred. Only meant for the alpha, betas and omega

Am I allowed here?

Let's not talk about that for now

I only nodded, turning my gaze back to the space. My legs started moving inner, me going to stand in the middle of the place. Damn, if it wasn't freaking amazing.

Look up

I glanced over at Chase but his gaze was turned to the moon. Following his lead, I starred up at the amazing structure above me. The moon stood right above me, casting a halo around the fairy tale.

This... this is amazing

I heard Chase coming towards me and then in the corner of my eye I saw him coming to stand next to me, his eyes still cast to the heavens.

I don't know how long we stood like that, looking up at the galaxies. How could people not want to do this every night? Just stare up and look at the mesmerizing lights above us? It's like looking into infinity.

Thank you Chase

I force my gaze away from the sky, looking at him. He nods, his eyes portraying a smile. I'm just about to say something else when it happens.

I can feel my wolf starting to act weird.

Chase?

You okay?

I don't answer him.

Instead I run.