Chapter 30 New life

My dad eyes me skeptically as I trudge into the room. Yeah, he wasn't too happy with me. Actually, I don't think anyone was too happy with me. Seeing that I had kind of dragged the family name through the mud.

I had moved out of the main house yesterday, having spent the day packing up all my things. After having lived there my whole life you needed the whole day. Chevy came to help me thought she looked pretty awkward about it. That girl talked more in ten minutes than she had talked to me that entire day.

When I had finished, Matt had helped me pack the last of the boxes into the car before apologising once again. I just shrugged him off and told him it would give me some family-bonding time.

Yeah, the irony is strong with that one.

Since I've gotten home, my father hasn't spoken a word to me and just starred at me as if I was some kind of invader. Mom is also pretty dissapointed in me but she tries to hide it. Mother instinct I guess.

The only person that has actually been decent towards me is my sister. But that's probably only because she'll become omega now.

"Hi dad" I said as I shrug off my jacket. What I get in return is a grunt and then he leaves the room. I turn towards Beverly who is busy watching McKensie (worst show in the world). She gives me a symphatic look before her phone chimes.

"Tell Chev I say hi"

My sister nods, typing away. When she puts it down she turns to me, "So, how's your day been?"

"Been good, Matt wanted to go for coffee"

"You know, I think if you just go find that girl and bring her back he might give you your position back"

"It's not so simple"

My sister is quiet for a moment before speaking up once again, "Why not?"

"Because it's just not!" I snap, "How would you feel if you got taken away from mom and dad and everything you know!?"

Beverly flinches and I immediatedly feel guilt seep into my system.

"I'm sorry Bev" I said, walking over to her. I sit down next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder, "I didn't mean to take anything out on you"

"I understand" she says softly, "I just wanted to help"

"I'll be alright LITTLE sister"

"Big brothers need help sometime too" she said, sticking out her tongue. I chuckle, ruffling her hair. My sister pushes me away, calling me an asshole while luaghing. Her phone chimes again and not even a second later there's a knock on the door.

"That would be Chev"

"Enjoy" I smile at my sister, heading to my room. I still haven't packed out anything, the dread of actually having to make a home here too much. I had really, REALLY screwed up.

For the milionth time that day I punched the wall, actually becoming angrier that it didn't break. If I had still been an omega that wall would be in shatters. Admittedly I won't have any need to punch an imanimate object but that's besides the point.

I groan, throwing open the first box I see. Right on top, making my hands shake is the book I had lent Lily.

Yeah, I'd win the Hunger Games if I was still an omega.