Chapter 17 Heat

852 words

All I can feel is fire coursing through my veins. A burning heat that makes my whole body sting. What is going on? I slowly open my eyes, the pain only increasing. I don't like this – I honestly don't like this feeling. I slowly sit up, my vision bleary. My head is slightly throbbing where Chase had pushed me against the bedpost- asshole – but it's in no competition to the fire.

I gulp, my throat feeling like sandpaper. I stumble out of the bed, heading to the bathroom. Stumbling to open up the tap, I dip my head under the water thought it just evaporates.

What the fudge!?

I place my hand under the faucet and instead of the water cooling my fingers, it only stings it. Added, the steam and the water barely being to reach my hand before disappearing.

I rush back to the bedroom, my eyes playing tricks on me. The room is spinning, making three sixties as I try and make my way back to my bed. Through the blood pumping through my ears I hear the lock from the door but I'm in too much pain to see who's just come into the room. I close my eyes, trying to stop the pain. Biting my lip, actually drawing blood, the pain is only increasing. Shooting pains of heat courses through my body and it's a miracle I'm not screaming right now.

Please let this end... this needs to end.

XXX

When I come into the room, I know that the heat was busy consuming the poor girl. Sitting with her arms around her knees, she's biting her lip, blood droplets falling on her chin from where her fangs had pierced the flesh. Her eyes are shut and she's slowly rocking back and forth.

I rush towards her and upon touching her skin, it's like I've touched a stove top. This is bad, this is really bad. I suck in a breath, lifting her up from the bed. I ignore the blisters that are starting to form on my chest as I rush to the bathroom. I place her in the bathtub, immediately turning on the cold water. When it starts to touch her skin, a hissing noise fills the small room, steam circling the girl. If it wasn't for the frightening circumstances she was in, it would actually be quite beautiful. The way it's creating swirls around her legs and arms. When the tub is halfway filled I close the water, watching as the room is filled with steam.

The girl is breathing hard, her whole body shaking as if she's going into shock. Shit... what if she's actually going into shock!?

"Lily, hold your breath" I instruct and I watch her suck in a deep breath before dunking her under the warming water. Her temperature is heating up the water, creating a problem. When I pull her head back up, the water has actually warmed up enough to be useless. Thought Lily is starting to look better, actually having been able to open her eyes.

She stars at me, her hands still wrapped around her body.

"Water" she croaks. I nod and with a shaking hand, pour her a glass before handing it to her. She gulps it down, her form still lightly shaking. When she finishes, she hands the glass back to me, ducking her head under the water once again.

She thinks this is going to help. The water is probably starting to actually worsen the problem. She stays down there for quite some time.

"Lily?"

Looking into the bathtub I see that she's actually passed out. Grabbing her, I force her head out of the water, she completely dead to the world.

Dammit...

I take her out of the bathtub, taking her to the shower, praying that the droplets aren't going to evaporate. I place her in there, putting the shower on in full force. It rains down around her and in the beginning the water sizzle and disappear but later on, she's actually starting to cool down once more.

I watch her for a few moments, her breathing slow and even. Passing out had actually made the pain more bearable and I'm happy she's finally resting.

While she's sleeping, I refill the bathtub, ready to place her back in it when she wakes up.

"Chase..." her voice is soft, yet I'm by her within a second. She's been out for about a half-hour. Somewhere along the way, the steam had stopped thought when I touched her skin, it was still warm.

"How are you feeling?"

"What's going on?" she asked, leaning against the shower wall. The droplets were still raining down on her but she ignored them.

"You were in heat" I said, leaning into the shower to shut the water off.

"What does that mean?" she asked, slowly pushing herself off of the floor.

"Your wolf is looking for her mate but she can't find him" I said, wrapping my arm around her slim form, guiding her out of the shower.

"What does that mean?" she asked as I helped her into the tub.

"Means you're going to shift"