Chapter 26 - Titles

It's about three o clock in the morning when I wake up with a start. An overwhelming feeling of guilt floods my system thought I don't know where it is coming from. I put on my bedside lamp, the feeling only increasing.

Finally, I get out of my bed and being as quiet as I possibly can I put on a jacket. I didn't care much about still being in my pyjamas which had ducks on them before shutting off my light and climbing out of my window. My parents were the type who trusted their daughter way too much. If they happened to check up on me throughout the early mornings they'd probably only think I had shifted once again and was running around.

It was my first full moon after all.

I jump towards the branch that's against my window, my parents having made my room right next to the big tree. Think they knew I'd only be turning so late in my life. I use the trees to head back into the woods, feeling like a squirrel once again.

I was a bit too fearful to turn back into a wolf, my screaming would probably wake the whole pack. It's quite a long way to the Hellwood area thought I need to talk to Chase.

I have to apologise.

I reach the border after about an hour. I need to make this quick I realise as I start to head into the territory. The good thing about Hellwood is that their neighbourhood or whatever they call it, is right in the middle of the woods if not much closer to their border. They have a very wide pack land as well, stretching from every direction where ours is mostly just a long line. I go to where I had decided to run off, guessing that I'll start there and then go to the house.

I'm just about to jump down from the tree and look more closely in the clearling but then my blood turns cold.

O shit...

XXX

Matt walks in front of me, looking at me with more dissapointed in his eyes than anything else. Gosh, I fudged up... I'm standing on my knees, head bowed and hands at my back.

"I'm really sorry about this" he says and I know he is. But rules are rules. Our pack is sadly very strict when it comes to these things. And if Matt doesn't want to lose his own position he has to do this.

I only nod, trying to not start sobbing like some idiot.

Behind Matt, Jack and Lori are standing at attention. Lori looks like she's about to cry at any moment and Jack looks the complete opposite. Prick...

Matt suddenly stops in front of me and places a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it before he takes a step back.

Here it comes...

"I, Matthew Cole Graham hereby strip the title of omega from Chase Christoper Evans due to succumbing to temptation as well as not being able to fullfil his duties"

What comes next feels like someone had pulled my heart out of my chest. Immense saddening pain flows through my body and I can feel slow tears finally flooding my cheeks.

Wimp... I'm a wimp.

The pain wrecks my body and I force myself to not roll myself into a little ball. Matt's hand is on my shoulder again and he pats it lightly.

"Lori, Jack – please leave us" he commands. The two betas don't say anything and simply turn around and leave. They know the friendship me and Matt shares. When they're far enough Matt envelopes me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry Chase"

My body starts to shake thought I try and control it. Dammit, this hurts. It's a slow process of the power leaving my body. Dissapointment is pumping through my veins and I don't know what's going on with my wolf but he's being sulky.

"It's fine Matt" I say softly even thought I know it's not.

_______________________________________________

Well that happened :) He, okay so this is it for now :) Will try and post again next Monday ( 3 July 2017) Thank you everyone for the immense support and especially to debrea who actually commented for more of this mess of a book :) You are amazing chicka