March 21, 21:00 Hours *10 Hours Until Discharge*

I found Taehyung to be a funny person. He made me smile as he made goofy faces and small, careless jokes. He was definitely easy-going, but I was starting to realize he kept grudges for minor mistakes. I kept a note to myself to keep myself in check in his presence.

He gave me a tub of water, a wash cloth, and some black clothing, along with some black, steel-toed boots and a black jean jacket. 

"Get washed up and dressed," he said, piling the items into my arms. "When you're done, come back out here. We'll get started on our part of the job."

He brought me to a dressing room and ushered me in. I placed all my items down on the bench that was in there, then locked the door. 

I turned around. I jumped at the sight of me in the mirror. I was covered in blood, some covered my face even. My hair had some clots of it in it, the hairs sticking to my skin. My clothes stuck to me, them a dark shade of red, almost black even. My lips were blue from the cold, and my eyes were bloodshot. Who knew an apocalypse setting would get me looking like this.

I quickly scrubbed my body with the water and wash cloth. The water was like ice against my skin. I gritted my teeth as I washed off as much as I could. Then I changed into my new clothes. Taehyung had given me black leggings and a black tank top. Thank goodness I would be covering my shoulders with a jacket, or I was going to be freezing. 

When I was finished tying my boots up and adjusting my jacket, I walked out of the dressing room. When Taehyung saw me, he grinned and looked me up and down.

"Looking pretty sexy there," he said smoothly, looking up at me with a sly look. 

I rolled my eyes and walked past him. "Whatever."

I led us to the front counter. As we got there, I hopped up on table top, my legs swinging freely. Taehyung leaned against the counter next to me, still looking me up and down. I groaned and slapped his shoulder.

"Stop," I commanded, pointing a finger at him. "If you don't, my hand next time will meet that face of yours."

He chuckled to himself. "Fine."

"Now, what are we doing?"

"Right." He stopped leaning against the counter and went to the other side of it, going through the cash register. "We're robbing every store we can tonight."

I tilted my head to the side. "That's it? That's all you guys kidnapped me for?"

He looked up and mimicked me. "And why are you so calm about staying with us and following directions?"

"Fair." I jumped off the counter and placed both hands on it, staring at him. "Now, really tell me what's going on. There's gotta be more than just this."

"Classified information, sweetie," he said, going back to picking up all the cash he could from the register. "If you knew, you'd run out of here like a chicken with her head cut off. We don't need someone tattling on us about our future plans. Besides, if you did know we'd have to kill you. It's a secret we're carrying to our grave."

I huffed, shaking my head. My hair fell into my eyes. Why were these guys so difficult? Taehyung especially. He seemed smarter than the others. More . . . coordinated. I was surprised he wasn't the leader.

"Maybe I want to join," I blurted out, stepping away from the counter. I stood tall, lifting my chin up. I didn't want to seem tiny and crumpled. Gangs didn't want that. They wanted strong recruits. Maybe I could be one. It would be better than being alone at school and facing my parents all the time. Maybe I could have a different home.

He raised his eyes up at me, a smirk on his lips. He looked back down as he said, "Really? And why is that?"

I didn't like the hesitation I had at the moment. "Because I want to. Do you have a problem with that?"

I saw him sigh, and he placed the money in his hand on the counter. He placed both hands on the counter, leaning against it. He gave me a serious look that I hadn't seen yet. "And do you have a problem with joining, sweetheart? Because I feel like you do."

I froze at his response. What was he talking about? Did I have a problem with joining? What did he mean? His questions confused me. People said that I confused them, but no one ever confused me. How did that get flipped around? 

He went back to counting the money. "You do have a problem then."

"N-No I don't!" I blurted out, my face flushing. "W-What are you talking about?!"

His brown eyes kept flashing between me and the money. "Just go rob a damn store already. I'm getting tired of this conversation."