March 22, 07:15 Hours *Discharge Already Occurred. Please Stand By*

My body was frigid, feeling like nothing was there to warm me. Voices were murky, like they were speaking through water. I felt myself shivering, and weights piled on top of me. The thing was, they were warming me up. They weren't heavy, but I felt like I was being crushed under their pressure. 

My senses were starting to wake up. My nose smelled a sterile environment that I knew too well: a hospital. The last thing I was starting to recall was seeing Namjoon's face, him saying to stay awake. I knew what he was implying now. I was asleep now. I was hurt in a hospital. The voices around me were becoming clearer. The boys were in the room with me, talking quietly among themselves. I was still shaking from the cold.

My eyes opened, revealing fluorescent lighting above. My head was lifted up slightly, and I couldn't see over myself. Coats were piled on top of me, almost like a mountain. So that's what all the weights were. I looked to my sides, and next to the window were three of the guys: Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung. Namjoon sat in a chair while the other two sat on the large windowsill. Namjoon smiled at me.

"You're awake," he said. He looked at the coats on me. "Are you still cold? How do you feel?"

"What happened?" I said quietly. "I know I screwed up, and almost fell from the fire escape, but what happened after I passed out?"

"We got shot at," Namjoon said, relaxing in his chair a little. He didn't seem so uptight about everything. I think this was when he could finally let go for a little bit. "Jungkook's side got grazed. He's in the other room, getting checked out. We thought we were going to lose you. We got chased all the way to the truck, but got away. It still wasn't time for the hospital to open, so we went to a safe area, and tried treating you and Jungkook. We did our best, but when the hospital did open, they had to give you a blood transplant."

I nodded a bit. I tried sitting up slowly, my shoulder slightly throbbing. When I was up, I looked down at my hands, and they were cleaned. Cleaned? How could they be cleaned? From what I remembered, I had blood staining and flaking off of them. Grime mixed with the blood. Where was all of it? Where was all of the battle marks I earned?

Namjoon chuckled a bit. I looked over, him getting out of his chair. He walked over to the bed, sitting on the ledge next to me. A big smile was on his face, like he was proud of me. "You did good last night. You'll have a good scar as well on your back, as well. I didn't think I could trust you with everything, but the bravery you showed earns my trust. And by that, I mean you're my second co-leader, right behind Yoongi. I call that a good win."

I felt my heart leap to my throat. "Really? I earned that spot?"

He nodded. "You really did. I know I'm cutting that victory off short, but Tae would like to speak with you alone, if you don't mind. He said he really needed to."

Taehyung wanted to talk with me? About what? I couldn't help but get a little bit nervous. I took a look at him, and he seemed a little nervous himself. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. "That's fine. You guys can leave us for a few minutes."

Yoongi and Namjoon left the room(probably heading off to find Jungkook's room), leaving Taehyung at the window. He looked at me with a blank face. I knew he wanted to say something, but he couldn't. I knew he had a million things to say, to confess, to ask, but he couldn't. I felt the same. 

"I almost saw you die," he said quietly. His eyes seemed to sink into my soul. "I was scared. I was scared I was going to lose you. Y/N, you don't understand how scary that is to me."

That confused me. How important it was to him? Did he mean like he never cared about anyone dying? Was I a special case? What was it about me that made the guys attracted to me?

"The only people I care about is the gang," he said, getting up from the windowsill. He made his way slowly towards me. "I've seen plenty of people die in my life. I've learned to not get attached to others. But last night, I felt like I was losing a friend I've known for years. You scared me." He stopped right next to me, settling down on the bed. He looked hesitant about something. "I don't want to lose you like I almost did last night."

I bit my lip for a split second. "Tae . . ." I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him I was okay, and here with him, but I needed to save him from his heart. I was torn.

"I'm sorry about the Jungkook thing in the sewers," he continued. He looked like he was in pain. "I didn't think before I did. I know I can be a smartass sometimes, but I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I just wanted you away from Jungkook. I understand if you want him over me. I'll be a great friend, I can promise you that."

"Taehyung, I . . ."

He looked up at me, his eyes a bit sad. I remembered the sun was up. A tear broke lose. I pulled my legs to my chest, more tears falling down. I didn't know what to do. The sun was up, and it was my turn to have a mental break down. I remembered a small cry came from my mouth, my head burying itself into my knees. I felt his hands grab ahold of me, and was careful to not pull my IV out as he gathered me into his arms. 

I was out of the night. I was out of the killings and defenses. There was no flag to grab ever again. There was no saving anyone anymore. I cried like a baby, huddling into Taehyung. I heard him say things, but I couldn't make out what they were. I killed a guy. I got sick. I kissed a random guy. I escaped the inescapable. I punched Namjoon in the nose. So much happened in only twelve hours. Those twelve hours were the worst and best hours of my existence. And I survived it all with a wounded shoulder.

I heard the door open to the hospital room, and a voice say something. Shaking me out of my sobbing, Taehyung said, "We found something for you!"

I looked up at him, wiping my tears away. What did they find? He was giving me a huge grin. Before I could ask what they found, Jin came into view with something I thought I would never find again.

In Jin's hands was my leather jacket. I remembered throwing it down when Namjoon came to fight me when the Purge first started. I started to smile, forgetting all about the tears. I wiped the rest of them away, forgot about my hiccups, and watched as Jin came over to me with it.

He handed it to me, and I hugged it close like a small child. He smiled down at me, and said, "I see you missed this."

I nodded. "Thank you."

With a smile, he walked out of the room, leaving me with Taehyung and my old jacket. I stared at the jacket with wide eyes, remembering how cold everything was without it. I missed how it felt and warmed me, and now I had it back in my grasp.

Taehyung unwrapped his arms from around me, leaving me to myself. He smiled. "You ready to keep facing the world with your iron fist?"

I laughed a bit, still staring down at my jacket in disbelief. "I am." Even though there was more death and fighting involved, I now felt at home. With my jacket and the guys, the world was alright once more.