March 21, 21:11 Hours *Less Than 10 Hours Until Discharge*

I wandered through the shadows, grumbling to myself. I already had about 100 dollars in my pocket for the gang. Taehyung sent me on my own. He said, quote on quote, "A test of worthiness." What the hell did that mean?

I could hear screams and laughs far away, and maybe a bomb or two once in awhile. I was surprised I hadn't came across anyone yet. The streets had to be crawling with criminals. That's how I found Namjoon and the gang. They blew up a bunch of people. But there was no one where I was, which meant that there would be no criminals around to terrorize.

I went into another store, and this time it was a small restaurant. Food was on the floor, furniture turned over as well. I looked at the cash register. It hadn't been touched. I looked around for any traps(trust me, I had fallen into some in other stores), but there was none. I then hurried over, hurdling over the counter. I didn't know if I was just showing off for myself, or I was just filled with adrenaline.

As I shoved money into my pockets, I kept a close ear out. I knew something was going to pop out at me. Maybe some stray cats or rats. I already had that happen. But nothing came until I was finished with collecting the cash.

I heard footsteps outside the building through the broken window. My heart stopped for a second. I did the one thing I could do: I crouched behind the counter until knew the intruder was gone.

I listened, and I could hear them getting closer. I heard the door snap open, the bell to the shop ringing. My breath hitched. The sound of glass breaking under someone's feet echoed in my ears. Every step they took towards me, I inched closer and closer to the counter. They stopped just at the counter.

I looked up. Above me was a guy's face. He was grinning, and he had dark pink hair. I recognized him immediately: Hobi. 

"Hey, Y/N," he cooed. I watched as he jumped over the counter, landing in front of me. My breathing was becoming rapid. He knew my name. Did he come for me? Why was he here? I darted my eyes around. What was my closest escape route?

"Hobi," I nodded a hello, standing up. I was against the counter, my hands placed behind me. That wasn't the best position for hopping over the counter, but I had a feel that running wouldn't do me much in this situation.

He took a step forward, becoming closer. I stiffened. I couldn't pull away just yet. Doing so would get me into trouble. Maybe just standing there would make things go slower, make him less hostile. I was starting to learn that pretty quickly. From just Jimin's experience, I needed to let them settle down before I could do anything drastic.

He smiled at me, his eyes lingering over my lips. "What are you doing out here? I thought you were supposed to be with Tae."

"He sent me to get money." Not a lie. I was being completely truthful.

"Where is he?"

"Next door." A complete lie. Maybe lying about that would get me saved a bit. Maybe letting Hobi know that someone was close would make him back off a bit.

He looked up to my eyes, his smile turning to a frown. "You lie well, my dear."

My eyes widened. How did he know?

"You're eyes were staring at the floor when you told me his location." A smirk spread across his face. "You should know that I'm a lie detector. All the boys know that. I'm surprised you don't."

"Hobi, just--"

"Shut up," he growled. I could feel his anger radiating off him. His brown eyes stared me down. My heart sped up to about a million miles an hour. "Don't say another word. The other guys see you as a valuable item. I can see that as well. But, when a valuable item has a death wish, I'm here to take that item down. Do you want that?"

I thought for a second before I spoke. "I want to join your gang."

This took him off guard. He backed up a bit, but kept staring at me. His eyes softened a bit, and his breathing was calming down. "You what?"

"Are you deaf? I said I want to join your gang."

Hobi opened his mouth to say something, but shut it immediately. He looked stuck and confused. He just threatened me, and now I said I wanted to join the gang? He couldn't believe his ears. I grinned a bit at my victory.

"Let me join," I said, slipping away from him, twirling a bit, "and I'll be a good valuable item." At the last word, I leaned against the wall that was next to the counter, giving him a grin. "What you thinking? Because Taehyung said something about taking a secret to the grave, and I'm in on that. I'd like some trouble to get into."

He turned his head slowly towards me, his eyes fixing on me. A small grin grew across his face. "Let me talk to Namjoon about that."