The Beginning of Time

Come closer—I'll tell this story only once. You are young, so you may not understand all that I have to say, but it'll make sense in time.

My friend, I am here to tell you of a time far beyond you, beyond your children, beyond even your children's children. This is a time of hardship, of great technology and expertise as well—for the future is constantly developing—but hardship all the same. This is a time where humans are nothing more than an experiment, tested on until they've been worn thin, until they're of no more use, then disposed of. This future is a dark time for our race, so listen closely, my friend, because this is more than a story—this is the future.

Science has gone far—much farther than where it is now, and further than we've ever intended. The world is, honestly, almost worn out by our time, and we are on the hunt for somewhere we can go. Our time machines are our most reliable option, and the young will guide us along the path to safety. We have chosen them—twenty healthy toddlers to be integrated into families who they'll think have been theirs from birth, to be children of the past, children of the present, and children of the future all at the same time.

With danger lurking, the optimal time to act has never been sooner. The children are ready. Their minds have been wiped blank, as have their parents' minds; they're each ready for their own new worlds, leaving this one behind. They'll travel into the past on a mission they should never know they've been sent on—to uncover our history. To explore the universe of the past. To find a place for those of us—of our race—who remain.

They are ready to discover the Golden Age.

The cover displayed above was made by @ShayTree for fun, and the real cover that's in use was made by @Paenem_, your host.

Reservations open April 3rd, 7pm EST. We'll see you there.