1920s: Alex Moretti (@-Giraffe-)

Name: Alex Moretti

Age: Thirteen

Sex: Male

Decade: 1920s

Appearance: Alex could easily pass as an Italian, even though he might not actually be one. He has the dark eyebrows, the golden brown hair, and pasty white skin that seem only fitting for the family he's in. His eyes are a pretty russet brown hue that distract from his long nose, and many say he looks like his father. His build is average— not too scrawny but not very muscular, and he stands tall for his age at a pleasant 5'7.

Personality: Despite being a newspaper hawker, Alex is a fairly reserved person when he's not yelling at passersby to purchase newspapers. He's quiet, and often keeps to himself when around large groups of people. However, it has nothing to do with being shy— he prefers to listen than to speak. He enjoys listening to other people talk about their lives and problems, though he's not nearly as open to talking about his. He's the kind of person that will sit next to you with his hand on your shoulder as you're crying and screaming about the misfortunes of your life. He'll listen to you blabber for hours with no questions asked and a reserved judgement. He keeps whatever you say to him a secret that he swears not to repeat again— because that's who Alex is. He treats everyone's secrets as his own— buried under hidden emotions, and to never be spoken about again.

Background: There were two kinds of Jewish Italian families in Cleveland. There were the ones with a family full of accountants and doctors, and then there were families like Alex's. Marco Moretti— Alex's father, went down the opposite route.

His father was born into a poverty-stricken family that migrated from Italy to Ohio, where they lived in a small apartment that was far too small for the size of his family. This poverty not only lead Marco Moretti into being a troublemaker as an adolescent, but also set him on the path toward American greed, or otherwise known as the Cleveland Crime Family.

As a soldato to the American Mafia, Alex's family lives a lavish lifestyle from his father's work in bootlegging, and racketeering. They're one of the most well-off families in the city, and everyone knows who the Moretti family is due to the wealth and the many crimes Marco Moretti has been accused, yet not prosecuted of.

But besides the luxurious lifestyle, Alex lives under a set of rules by his father. For starters, he is to never go down to the basement when his father is "working", he can't ever question the blood on his father's shirt, the screaming from the basement, and he is to never speak to the authorities under any circumstance. What's more is he can never talk about these rules to anyone, or tell anyone about what goes on in his house.

But he doesn't really mind it much. He just hopes his job as a newspaper fawker will help his father get used to the idea of him taking up a career outside of the Mafia— though that's another thing. Never ask Alex what happened to the original newspaper fawker that got hired over him. It's yet another skeleton he keeps hidden in his closet.

Other: His full name is 'Alexander' and you can call him that, but chances are he won't respond (unless you happen to be his mother).