80s: Bella Fiore (@shades0fgrey)

Name: Bella Fiore

Age: 21

Sex: Female

Decade: 86AD

Location: Rome, Italy

Looks: Her birthright has always been described as a shame- she could have been a wealthy bride, as she'd heard. Her beauty is nothing but traditional- fair skin, although typically smeared with dirt, paired with a clear complexion after draws jealousy from her peers. Coupled with her solemn navy blue eyes, and her thick, dark locks, she was quite popular amongst Patroni and Freemen alike. Alas, her plump lips would never be kissed, and her face would always be taunt with stress- such was the life of the lower class. Her sharp jaw and angular cheekbones were ever prominent thanks to hunger, and her long, slender nose would be broken many times as punishment. Bella's looks were supposed to be her saving grace, yet even that was not enough to help her.

Personality: Bargain, haul, trade, banter and flirt. That is the life that Bella knows. At first glance, you may believe she is absent-minded, stupid even. However, the truth of the matter is that she is constantly thinking, weighing her odds. She is quiet, reserved, and frankly, fairly vanilla when it comes to acquaintances. However, do not make the mistake of underestimating her. When push comes to shove, Bella always delivers. Social skills aside, she prides herself on her uncompromising ability to work through obstacles and her drive to succeed in life. She isn't afraid of taking on new challenges, and definitely doesn't back down from a fight. In previous situations, Bella understands and accepts the inequality that life holds. She firmly believes that everyone is born into their place in the world, but that nothing is set in stone.

Backstory: Born in an alley, Bella was cast aside from the very beginnings of life. She has often speculated what her life would be like had she been kept. Perhaps she could have been the daughter of a wealthy General, perhaps she could have been married off to a freeman. She'd long since given up on wishing. Swept up into slavery at the ripe age of four, Bella started her life in the cellar of a wealthy family, cleaning basic surfaces for a few years. The family was rich, but they mistreated their slaves (like most families) and it'd be a lie to say that her life was well accounted for. From there, she was sent to a farm, to work tirelessly on a grape plantation, day by day. Of all people sent into slavery, Bella liked to believe that she'd coped a lot better than others. That was, of course, until she turned 14, and began to develop into a woman, filling out her gowns and attracting more attention that desired. Due to the lack of respect for women, she was frequently taken advantage of, and forced to do things she didn't want to participate in. Bella now works for a young housewife, the wealthy counterpart of a senator, and is slowly gaining influence through interactions and exchanges with Patroni and senators alike.