250 BCE: Ishani Pemmaraju (@TheCatKing)

Name: Ishani Pemmaraju

Age: 35

Sex: Female

Decade: 250 BCE

Appearance: Ishani takes pride in her appearance; she knows she looks quite young for her age, after all, for reasons she can only attribute to the favor of the gods. Her ears are fashionably pierced, and she adorns light brown skin with the paints her husband's position affords. Her hair is black without a hint of gray, and usually tied back in a practical bun. She stands at five feet, two inches— tall for a woman in her era, but not incredibly so. Her nose is pronounced, yet shapely, and she is very proud of her body's curves of fat: it's a testament to her family's wealth and the children she's borne.

Personality: Ishani hides a busy mind beneath layers of duty and meanderings. It would not do to be seen as too cunning, too wise, after all, even if her husband is meant to be one of the wisest men in India. It's far easer to disguise intellect as common sense, hiding advice in concerns and hints at puzzles she's already solved in an efficiently run household. As such, she maintains a pleased, distracted air at all times, that of a pleasantly-dispositioned matron juggling a dozen minor troubles at once. Her greeting is amiable, even to those she doesn't know, but no one yet (not even, it would seem, herself) has realized just how much thought flickers beneath the facade.

Background: It's certainly an exciting time to be alive. Ashoka, third king of the Mauryan empire, has just wound down his bloody campaign against the state of Kalinga, heedless of the casualties taken by his forces and deaf to the pleas of the defeated territories. Dhanesh, Ishani's husband of nearly twenty years works as the chief treasurer for the king, and stress has hit their family hard as the kingdom winds down from war to peace. In spite of these hurdles, she has done everything she can to keep her husband, her four children, and herself as stable and happy as possible.

Other: Meh. I think I've covered it already. I guess she's a Leo?