1780s: Martha Harrison (@writelights)

Name: Martha Harrison

Age: Fourteen

Sex: Female

Decade: 1780s

Appearance: Martha is an average sized girl, though a little short for her age, standing at 4'11". Curly, flaming red hair falls to about mid-back, complimenting her dark brown eyes that seem to look right through you. A light coating of freckles dust her face and arms, which her mother vainly tries to cover up with all sorts of things. A large scar runs down her hand, where she sliced it open while picking up shards of glass at a young age.

Personality: A simple child, Martha has never wanted much. Spunky and outgoing, she will call you out on doing something wrong. She believes in honesty, to the point where it gets her in trouble for being overly blunt. If your frock is ugly, she's going to tell you. But her heart is in the right place, and she's only trying to help.

Growing up during the Revolutionary War, she hates the color red, therefore hating her hair. Her mother won't let her cut it off though, because ladies apparently aren't supposed to have short hair. She doesn't understand that. At all.

Background: The year she was sent back to was 1773, two years before the Revolution. She was only eighteen months old at the time, and her mother and father gladly took her in. The family had twelve other kids, which was fairly common at the time. Her red hair stood out from the other kids, but they never questioned it. It was was just an accepted part of their lives.

Martha was extremely close to her sister, Ruth, who was only six months younger. Her family sided with the Rebellion during the Revolution, and she lost her father and a couple older brothers during the war. Ruth died of a fever at the age of twelve, and Martha keeps her necklace with her at all times.