The Golden Duo

⟁⟁⟁

The Scientist

Age: Estimated to be somewhere in his mid to late fifties

Appearance: To receive a glimpse of The Scientist without some sort of mask or surgical cap covering his face is rare, and he's very adamant about that- under his instructions, the laboratory has only been able to provide a fully concealed image to the media. 

Personality: "The Scientist is secretive, paranoid, uncooperative, reckless, and unkind, but he's also a genius," says one of his colleagues. Many other employees report similar personality traits, but all remain in awe of The Scientist's extensive knowledge, capabilities, and quick, out-of-the-box thinking. None report The Scientist ever having a personal connection or even a full conversation with any of them, though. It seems that he distanced himself from them, often believing they are inept or not intelligent enough to understand his discoveries. "The Scientist often doesn't tell anyone about a new breakthrough until he's on the verge of another one," an anonymous employee explains. Numerous others confirm this, and the majority agree that this is due to The Scientist's paranoia that one of his ideas will be leaked to a competing company. "With everyone racing to find the Golden Age, it's understandable," one analyst muses. "It just keeps us out of the loop."

Background: Little is known about The Scientist's childhood, but it can be inferred that he came from a family who valued intelligence above all else and possessed a significant amount of wealth. The Scientist learned at an astoundingly quick rate and revealed a certain "genius" very early on. He surfaced in the world in his early teens, when he began to attend college. After studying numerous degrees of science, he went on to become a doctor, seemingly unsatisfied. A top-notch surgeon within a few years, The Scientist began to direct his efforts elsewhere- towards finding the Golden Age. Founding his own company and utilizing both his knowledge as a scientist and comprehension of the human body and its conditions, he quickly rose to attention in the race to save humanity. Though the company's been around for thirty-three odd years now, he's still managed to stick to the shadows for the most part.

⟁⟁⟁

Mareena Archeon

Age: 27

Appearance: Mareena Archeon carries herself as a woman of grace and dignity, and her appearance is no exception. Her hair is cut short above her ears, both for stylistic and convenience purposes- the white-blonde strands don't require the hours of washing and drying and combing she'd been forced to suffer through just to look presentable back when her hair stretched to her thighs. Her life is busier now, and she has no time for such meticulousness. What Archeon does put some effort into is fashion- always striving to make the company seem modern and progressive, she's constantly purchasing the latest clothing fads, though her own sense of style does influence which items she selects- Archeon's always been a fan of elegance.

Personality: Despite that Mareena Archeon has only been with the company for a few years, she is positioned at the root of it; without her influence, it would have gone bankrupt and lost all supporters long ago. Her charismatic personality is always open to the media, and many see her as the face of the company, as opposed to The Scientist. With her bright smile, amiable demeanor, and artful poise that reminds everyone she is to be respected, Archeon maintains the company's public face, and is responsible for bringing in all the money needed to fund The Scientist's projects. She is well-liked by the employees of the company. "[Archeon] has a solution to every problem, and always knows the right thing to say," one employee praises. "Plus, she works harder than all of us combined. I can't imagine putting in all the time and effort she does to make the company look good."

Background: Just because Mareena Archeon's main responsibility is being the company's public representative doesn't mean she doesn't know a thing or two about science- she has to, of course, to know what she's talking about, but she also likes to get her hands dirty once in a while. Archeon can just as easily step into the lab as step into the spotlight after her advanced education. She came from an average family, but decided to go beyond, developing her career until she was no longer quite so ordinary. Archeon has reported she is married and has a child of her own, but they have not yet joined her in the public eye.