59. Christams

FLASHBACK

"Evie! It's Christmas!" Zoë squeaks shaking me awake.
Nala makes her way up to lick my face.
"What time is it?" I grumble.
"7:00am" She whispers handing me slippers and my dressing gown. I let out a yawn and put both on. I follow Zoë in to her and Alfie's room to wake a loudly snoring Alfie.
"Alfie" Zoe whispers.
"It's Christmas!" I squeal quietly.
A smile creeps up onto his face. He stretches and wraps his arms around my body.
"You going to let me go?" I ask laughing.
"No" he replies.
He finally lets me go.
Suddenly I'm pulled back and he is tickling me.
"St-op Al-fie" I laugh and squirm.
"Zoë help me" I giggle and places his legs on the floor. He puts on socks and go to wake up Joe. I climb into bed with him and tickle him. He grumbles and hugs me so my arms are by my side. He smiles at his achievement of stopping me.
"It's Christmas" I whisper with a huge smile on my face. He gets up and runs the sleep out of his eyes. He gets slippers on and we make our way to a dark downstairs.

I creep down the stairs even the littlest creak making me jump. Zoë and Alfie walk ahead of me opening the door to the dining space. Zoë turns on the fairy lights strung around the house. Alfie and Joe tell me to wait out in the kitchen while both of them slide into the siting room.

While I'm out here I weigh Nala's food and give it to her. She quickly loses interest when Alfie opens the door.

"Come on in" Alfie whispers.

I feel the need to tiptoe in. I walk in and the Christmas tree is glowing from all the fairy lights Zoë and I strung around while decorating it. There is many packages lying under it with little tags either stuck or hung onto the gifts.

There is a four huge cushions and a dog bed lying on the ground around it. I can also see the tripods set out. I make my way over to sit in between Zoë and Alfie. Nala and Alfie quickly make there way to the respective places, although Nala did try and sit on Alfie's cushion.

"Go on, pick one" Zoë smiles warmly placing a hand on my shoulder. I lean over and the first package I grab is to Zoë. The next one I grab is for Alfie. The I grab one of Joe's and last is mine. We all decide to open them at the same time. I look at the tag and it's from Joe.

I slowly unwrap mine and take out a box. I open the top and it's full with lush bath bombs and an extendable fork resting on top.
"Thank you Joe!" Alfie Zoë and I chorus.
Next I get presents from Alfie and Zoë. I'm so grateful for everything I got. I place my last present at my pile. I hug the three and we all get started in a breakfast.

Everyone was doing something. I was making toast and setting the table with Joe. Alfie and Zoë were on cooking duty.

We had Christmas song playing loudly through the speakers. All of us singing a long. Nala sometimes barking randomly. I feed the guinea pigs.
"I didn't get the guinea pigs anything" Joe says.
"Poor little Pippen and Percy" I giggle rubbing the two.
I put in a new tunnel and close over the cage.

The spread has been put on the table so we all sit down and dig in. Since we are the most chrissmassy family ever we pull crackers at breakfast.

Best. Decision. Ever. It Joe and I were on the floor laughing while Zoë had to hold onto the table to stop her from falling and Alfie had his head thrown back. After breakfast it was back to the cosy room to watch every film on sky. We had Christmas chocolates, Coffee for Joe, tea for Alfie and Zoë and I went for the unhealthy hot chocolate. It's Christmas okay. We face timed Poppy and Sean while sipping on our hot chocolates. We binged like four Christmas movies and started on the dinner.
Zoë was chopping vegetables, Alfie was peeling potatoes and Joe and I were making stuffing. He needed my help. We definitely did not have a herb fight. We put everything on while we all took turn showering. I got into fresh Pjs ma dried my hair up to get it out of my face. At about 5:00pm we laid everything out for dinner. It tasted so good. We told cheesy jokes from the frackers and joe found a bit of cardboard in his mash potatoes. Nala nearly got into the table while Zoë was getting ice. We continued to have Christmas songs blasting out of the speakers. After dinner it started snowing heavily.
(A/n Cliché or what?😂)
So we get our winter jackets in and our boots. It was Joe and I against Zoë and Alfie. Every so often we switched teams. Nala wouldn't come outside so she sat on her bed watching us. I tripped over one of Nala's toys so I hadn't snow in my face. You could hear the cheers of our neighbours. After that we went back to the cosy room and huddles up under blankets. We watched Hardy Potter because it always plays around Christmas. We played a Christmas quiz and Zoë won.
"Okay I'm going to ask you all down questions. Who ever gets the most points wins." Zoë explains opening her phone.
"So it's Boyfriend vs Brother vs Daughter?" Alfie asks.
"Pretty much" She shrugs.
"Okay first question. How much have you read of all three books?" She asks in amusement looking at Joe and Alfie.
The boys have the eyes wide open and I have a relaxed look on my face.
"Evie?" Zoë asks.
"Every single word" I laugh.
"Well em you know I have been writing my third.." Joe and Alfie use the same excuse.
"It came out last month!" She exclaims.
"And you both had a book ages before it came out"
"Evie gets three points, one for each book" Zoë smirks typing on her phone.
They both jokingly glare at me and I shrug.
TIME SKIP
"I'm so tired" I yawn getting up.
"Yeah. I'm gonna head up to bed" Zoë rises.
"Me too" I get up.
"Night" the boys say returning their focus to their FIFA game.
Zoë and I make our way upstairs. Zoë tucks me in and kisses me on the forehead.
"Goodnight darling" she whispers.
"Goodnight Zoë" I whisper back.
I close my eyes and I slowly drift off.
*********************************
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry. I didn't upload on Sunday and I feel so bad. I went out with family and I was exhausted when I came back. Anyway did you like the chapter. It's a flashback to their first Christmas. And a chapter without Gia! Isn't that amazing?😂 Anyway I will see you next Sunday/Monday with another chapter. Byeeeeeeeeee