twenty-two

"We have to take a picture." Jacob said. "Ah yes, and make the people of Instagram go crazy." I responded. "Exactly." he winked. "Alright, alright." I said.

I stuck my tongue out pretending I was going to lick him and he stuck his tongue out too. "It looks like you're gonna lick my tongue." he said.

"Ooo scandalous." I giggled. "Let me take a picture of you, it would be an honor." he said. I handed him my phone and he I looked to the side and saw Mark and Loren. "Oh fuck." I said. "What." Jacob asked.

"Don't look now but Mark and Loren are walking over there."

"Shit." he covered his face.

"We have to go." I grabbed his arm and walked the opposite direction. We laughed as we ran away, not paying attention to our surroundings, and just like that we bump into someone. "Oh my god I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's fine de-." she stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at Jacob who looked down at the floor. "Is everything okay?" I asked. "Everything is fine let's go." Jacob said.

We walked away from the woman. "What was that about?" I asked. "Loren's mom." he said. "And..." I said asking for more detail. "Loren's an ex of mine." he replied.

I stopped, "An ex of mine."

"I was a fuckboy okay?" he said

"And what makes you not a fuckboy anymore?"

"I changed okay? Trust me, I'm never going back to that shit ever again."

"Are you s-."

"Yes Hazel I'm positive, okay? I was lonely and desperate and I used those feelings on girls. Those were the biggest mistakes I've ever made." he interrupted.

I stayed silent and looked at the floor. "Hey look at me," he lifted my head up, "I really like you, I really do, but if we're gonna try to make this work I need you to trust me."

I looked at him and nodded. He kissed my forehead and I laughed. "What?" he asked. "You kissed my forehead." I laughed. "We're not dating and I don't think friends kiss each other." he said.

"What about best friends?" I asked. "There's an exception to that." he smirked.

We both leaned in closer and soon enough our lips were together. It felt like fireworks exploded, someone just got a huge raise, and like you got an A on a test you didn't study for.

"I like you." he said.

"I like you too."
--
a/n; GOALS AM I RIGHT? i forgot to say happy fourth of july yesterday.

bye ily