sixty-five

The only noise was the pen dragging around the paper and the annoying beeping coming from the printer. "Alright, here you go." my mom gave the middle aged lady the signed paper. The paper that agreed that I began attending Los Angeles High School.

Public school wasn't my favorite and over the years it became foreign to me. "My little princess is going to public school." my mom teased as she pinched one of my cheeks.

"Mom!" I slightly pushed her hand away so that her fingers were no longer in contact with my cheek. "So, that Jacob of yours, is he coming to this school?" she said as she pulled out her keys to unlock the car. "Mhm." I said pulling out my phone.

"You know, your dad and I were high school sweethearts." she said, he expressions went from happy to a little bit more serious. I sighed turning my phone off, "And he'll always be your high school sweetheart mom, never forget that."

She began to get teary eyed and seeing her like this reminded me of my father.

"Michael Allen Moreno was a beloved son, husband, and of course an adored father."
My mother sobbed as my grandma embraced her in her arms. I had no feeling, no emotion, I didn't know if I should cry or not. I didn't want my mom to see my cry.

I pulled up my black sleeve revealing a beaded bracelet my dad made me. Every time I looked at it, I felt like I could hear his voice.

"Don't ever forget how special you are, Hazel, most importantly, don't ever forget me."

I tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. My grandpa placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay to cry kiddo." he said faking a smile. I shook my head, "I wanna be strong for my mom."

"Hazel." he looked at me and I couldn't hold my tears back. I wrapped my arms around my grandpa and he did the same. I cried and cried and cried.

My father chose his death.

To this day I know that suicide is not something you can play around with.
--
a/n; if you don't get it, hazels dad committed suicide ):

if you ever need to talk about something ik always open (:

be safe

don't do anything illegal

use protection

bye ily<3