eighty-nine

| jacob
"It's all my fault." I sobbed as I finished explaining.

Luna looked at me in shock.

Joey had his hands over his mouth.

Loren had her hands on her forehead and stared at the floor with her elbows on her knees.

Mark had no emotion on his face.

And well, Hunter was comforting Luna.

"How could you?" Luna said under her breath.
"Luna he was drugged how could he have known?" Hunter said. "Fucking hate that bitch." Joey grumbled.

Loren sniffled, "I didn't even know someone was capable of such thing."

Mark shook his head, not a word came out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry." I said, tears began rolling down my cheeks faster now.

"Hazel is laying in a hospital bed right now Jacob, we were all wondering what could have triggered this. You knew the whole time!" Mark yelled. I wasn't intimidated by him but I did feel guilty.

"I know I'm sorry, I was just scared of what you guys would say about me." I looked at the floor.

"Maybe it's bet you leave." Mark said.

"Mark." Luna looked at him.

"It's not his fault Mark, it's Lydia's! She fucking drugged him, he couldn't have done anything about it." Loren said.

"Yeah, chill out Mark." Joey said.

Mark shook his head, "I need some air."

There was a few minutes of awkward silence. "Thanks for standing up for me." I broke the silence.

"I only stood up for you, because I didn't feel like putting up with Mark's bullshit." Luna said. "Luna come on, we both know it wasn't his fault." Loren said. Joey and Hunter nodded.

"But we're here right now, in the hospital waiting room, because Hazel attempted suicide and is dying because of Jacob's mistake." Luna snapped back.

"Luna stop! Make some logic out of this nonsense!" Loren said.

Luna was quiet, she said nothing. All she did was stare at Loren.

"Hi, I know you guys are going through a tough time but so are other people and it would be nice if you guys could be a little bit more quiet." a nurse who seemed to be in her early thirties came over to us.

A few seconds later Hazel's mom came into he waiting room. "Good news, you're all allowed to be in the room with Hazel if you'd like." she faked a smile.

We all looked at each other and raced to Hazel's room. Once we walked in all that could be heard was the monitor. She had the same look on her face. Lifeless.

The same pale face.

Luna kissed Hazel's forehead. Joey sat by her and so did Loren, Hunter, and Luna. I stood at the end of the bed just staring at her. She was still so beautiful. So breathtaking.

"I'm here." Mark said out of breath. "Did you run?" Hunter chuckled. Mark gave him a 'duh' expression. "I'm so happy we can all be here at the same time." Joey said.

"Why is that?" Loren asked.

"Because, we were all brought together by this girl. She's had one of the biggest impact in our lives. She's bringing us closer to each other, without her we probably would have never been this close." Joey replied.

We all took a moment to digest what he had said.

We all looked at each other with a smile. Mark got up and walked towards me.

"Sorry for snapping at you bro." he said. "It's okay, I'm sorry for everything." I replied.

Mark nodded and leaned in for a hug. A few seconds later I felt another pair of arms, then another pair, and another.

We were all in a group hug and for a spare second I felt happy.

Genuine happiness.
--
a/n; MY MACOB HEART. i wanted to add a macob 'scene' bc i guess macob is "over" idfk jahsjah i hope they're not. i stan macob more than i stan janna.

qotd; what mode do you read fanfic on?

my answer; i read it on 'night mode' (:

BYE ILY💛