ninety-one

| jacob
None of us had left the hospital in two weeks. We all basically lived here, sometimes we would go out for some fresh air. Besides that we wouldn't leave.

The nurses were worried about us, they thought we were insane to not leave. We felt normal about it.

My eyes were getting heavy, the sound of the monitor sounded somewhat soothing. I began to close my eyes and then everything went pitch black.

The piercing sound of the monitor made my ears hurt. I looked over to my friends who began to wake up. It all took us a moment to realize what was happening.

By the time we did, it was too late. Doctors rushed into the room. "Baby no please no!" Hazel's mom clinged onto Hazel. "Ramirez please escort Ms. Moreno out of the room, along with the others." the doctor said as he began connecting tubes onto Hazel.

"Oh my god." Hunter mumbled.

"Jesus Christ, not now, please don't take her now." Loren said.

"Hazel please don't go." Joey said to himself.

"Babygirl." Luna faintly said as the tears on her eyes dropped onto her lap.

"No, oh my god, no please no." Mark said.

"We're going to have you guys step out of the room." the nurse said. We all got up and she gently pushed us. As we all passed by her we lightly touched her.

"I love you so much, I'm so sorry." I said as I walked by. As soon as they closed the door behind us we all began to sob.

Once again we huddled together. We wrapped our arms around each other saying mental prayers. "God please give her a little more time on Earth, please." I sniffled.
---
Nervous.

Anxious.

We've gotten no update on Hazel. We didn't know if she was dead or not. Her mother was called back to Hazel's room a while back, she hasn't returned yet. We were all worried, crying, we almost looked like a bunch of depressed teens that decided to get together to grieve.

Which I guess is what is happening, sort of. The doctor that was in the room assisting Hazel walked out and walked straight to the desk. Mark and I looked at each other, then at the doctor.

We both got up and walked forward to the doctor. The man turned around, he had bags under his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days. "Hi, we're the kids who were in the room with one of your patients, Haze-."

"Hazel Moreno?" the doctor cut me off.

Mark and I nodded our heads. "We never got an update on her condition, and her mom never came back so we just want to know how they're both doing." Mark said.

"What's going on?" Luna asked. Loren, Joey, and Hunter were behind her.

"Great, I have the whole gang." the doctor said in a non-sarcastic way.

"Alright since you're all here I should now tell you about your friends condition." he said as he picked his clipboard back up.

"Well, we were able to save her, for starters."

We all let out a sigh of relief and even chuckled a bit.

"But here's the catch, her organs are failing and soon they'll just fail on their own." he said.