Chapter 7 - Rumours

~Next day~

Kisaki's P.O.V

What should I do? I've been engaging in a sexual relationship with my student and I can't help it. I've never felt so alive again after what happened with Bea 3 years ago... I've promised myself never to develop feelings for a student again and never have any strings attached. It was only for sex... that's all it should be about, f*ck if it's mo--

*crash* 

"Ouch... that hurts..."

"I-I-I'm sorry! Are you okay, sensei?"

"Yea, sorry... I was just thinking about something else and didn't pay attention to where I was going." Who is that? Is she a new student here? She looks cute, but definitely not cuter than Kaori. "Are you new here? You seem rather lost."

"Ah, uhm... M-m-my name is Yuki Fujimura."

"Ohh... So you are Fujimura-san from Tokyo, is that right?

"Yes!"

"Great, I am your homeroom teacher, Kisaki Minami. Nice to meet you." I smiled at her. 

"S-s-same here.." It was always fun to see students getting embarrassed when they talked to me, especially when I knew I had an effect on them.

"Well then, I shall take my leave. See you." I waved at her. 

~English class~

"Kaori Mitabe!" I shouted as I saw her eyes closing. Adorable. I wonder if she talked to her parents about that night yet. 

"I-I-I'm sorry, I was definitely not sleeping..."

"Oh, is that so? Then tell me, what is the purpose of using an allegory in a poem?" I asked, certain that she wasn't listening, but wanting to hear what she was going to say.

"An a-a-alligator...? I don't think you can use that in a poem..." I couldn't help but giggle, finding out that the other students were also starting to laugh at her. 

"It is an AL-LE-GO-RY, not an AL-LI-GA-TOR, Mitabe-san." 

"R-right... sorry, I'll pay more attention next time."

~After school~

Kaori's P.O.V

I let out a loud sigh. Does she have to tease me in front of the whole class like that? I was about to make my way to an empty classroom to wait for Marie and Kira to head back home together, but I couldn't believe my eyes. From the first day she came till now, her fan base increased exponentially and more students were throwing themselves at her and the worst of it, she lets them. I couldn't stop but feel like she preferred them over me, but that feeling was quickly appeased when I thought about our relationship. We did cross the line of being just a student and a teacher. "Oh Kaori, you are acting like some jealous girlfriend..." I whispered to myself, which got me thinking... What were we? I did love her, but was her feelings towards me the same? 

I was finally alone in a classroom, trying to figure out the complex relationship I was in with her. What did everything mean?

~A bit later~

"Kaori.."

"Kaori?"

"Kaori!"

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard someone calling out my name. When did I fall asleep? 

"Oh, it's just you..."

"Just me?! Do you know how worried I was, looking for you around school?" She said, suddenly grabbing my shoulders.

"Why would you look for me?"