Chapter 15 - Farewell dinner

Kaori's P.O.V

We roamed around the park for a few more hours hand in hand. Words couldn't express how happy I was at that moment, but there was just one thing that kept worrying me.

"What's wrong?" She asked, sensing that I was brooding over something.

"Just thinking about school. Tomorrow we fly back and I've got mixed feelings about it."

She hugged me, reassuring me that nothing was going to change between us saying, "Kaori, our relationship won't change. I'll still love you, kiss you, hug you, and well, do the other 'steamy' things with you, but obviously we would have to be careful since we would be back to school grounds."

"Yea," I stared into her blue eyes before quickly planting a quick kiss on her cheek. "Also, I remembered some things during your visit to the hospital,"

"Visit to the hospital?" She asked, confused.

"Yea, remember when I had a fever?"

"Right, you had me worried sick on that day." She said before her eyes went wide, "Wait, how do you know I was there?"

"Kira told me you came,"

"She did, did she?"

I giggled, "You should have told me."

"Tell you what?"

I leaned closer to her face repeating the 3 words I heard her say, "'I love you'", as I grabbed the collar of her shirt and kissed her again. She didn't hesitate to kiss me back, holding me closer than ever to her body until no space was left in between.

If someone told me that I would end up kissing and potentially becoming an official couple, although we didn't touch on that topic yet, with my teacher, I would tell them that they were crazy for even thinking about it. But here I am, never being happier in my whole life.

"Mhm, you heard me?"

"Well, I was kind of conscious, but weak. I thought I was dreaming at first because Kira said that you didn't come, which I'm beginning to wonder why now."

"I told her not to tell you."

"Why?" I asked, perplexed.

She cupped my face and said, "Because at that time, I cursed myself for putting you in that situation. I didn't want you to know that I came because I was still deciding what I was going to do with Yuki. I didn't want you to get involved in it."

"Oh, is that why you went and got yourself wasted?" I teased, giggling.

"What? No! That was..." She paused, her face getting a bit redder than usual. "Anyway, how about we head back?"

I laughed as I hugged her again, "I love you so much, you don't even know."

"I love you too."

We stood there for a few more minutes, feeling her body warmth a little bit more before we headed back.

It was already 4PM when we returned to the hotel. I left Kisaki along with the teachers that we saw in the lobby as I made my way to Stella's room. Today was the last day I would be seeing her and I wanted to spend time with her as well as tell her that it worked out with Kisaki. She was a great friend that supported me throughout this trip when I was at my lowest and truth be spoken, if she didn't help me, I don't know what would have happened.

I opened the door to find Stella sitting on a chair, reading a book.

"Hey, Stella."

"Kaori, you're back." She closed her book and faced me.