Chapter 8 - Broken Bonds

Kaori's P.O.V

"Minami-sensei, I think we should stop this" I finally said with my head down.

"Stop? Stop what exactly?"

"All of it... our relationship, it's escalating to a point where it should not be. We have been fooling around for too long and now look what's happening." I said, avoiding her gaze.

"Kaori," she said with an authoritative voice, "what happened? Is it because of this stupid rumour circulating around school?

I'm not doing this because I want to and if you knew how fast my heart is beating right now, and how much I want you to have your way with me right now... But this is all wrong.

"Minami-sensei, what happened with the rumour does not apply to what I'm trying to say right now. We should stop this at once. I don't wa--" Before I could finish my sentence, she pulled me in for a kiss.

The softness of her lips were probably what made me succumb to her on that very first day she surprised me with that kiss. Gentle, nice, and warm. As I remembered the time I first saw her, tears started sliding down my cheeks.

"Kao--"

"Minami-sensei," cutting her off I continued, "I don't want us to get in trouble and if that person ever tells the principal about that incident, you might lose your job and I'll get suspended!" Tears streaming down my face I looked at her and finally said, "We should keep our distances, I'm sorry, Minami-sensei." I ran off.

~~~Time lapse~~~

2 weeks have passed since that incident happened. Ever since then, I couldn't stop thinking about her especially when I had English classes in the afternoon. She would often look at me when she gave us written work, which saddened me more. Other than that, it seems like we were able to let go of our ludicrous activities. Everything was back to normal, and it seemed like the storm finally calmed down. Whoever was the one that started the rumour didn't tell on us, which I was thankful for. However, the face that Minami-sensei had before I ran off on that day was engraved in my mind. She looked confused, sad, angry even. Nonetheless, it had to be done.

"KA-O-RI~!"

"Kira, what's the matter? Just so you know, I am still pissed off at you about that night at the club." I said, purposefully reminding her that she was the one that caused the huge mess. 

"Gee, look at the bright side though, you were able to hook up with her afterwards." She said.

"Right... the only good thing I guess..." I can't believe that just came out of my mouth, but it was true. I told Kira and Marie about it one day when they came over for a sleepover. They were surprised at first, but were totally supportive afterwards. What they didn't know was that I was distancing myself from Kisaki.

"Anyway, ignore that, I have something amazing to tell you! You know what? We are go--" She couldn't finish her sentence as the bell rang.

*ding dong ding* "Damn it, it's the bell. Kaori, I'll text you later 'kay? See ya!"

"Wait, no, tell me now! I've got something to take care later..." I watched as she was already sprinting inside class. She could have at least told me... I sighed, but then realised that I too, was about to be late to my class, and obviously it had to be English. 

Kisaki's P.O.V

As I saw Kaori running into the class without looking at me again, I knew that it was over. I still didn't understand her motive. We could have worked out something, but she refused to hear any suggestions I had afterwards. The moment she left me, I knew I was starting to feel a deeper connection to her, but I kept telling myself that it was mere sexual attraction, nothing else. Maybe it was better after all? I couldn't let what happened to Bea happen to Kaori. Never.