Chapter 12 - Hurting

Kaori's P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could, as far away from her room. Why? I don't get it... If she didn't love me, then why was she always looking for me? I refuse to believe I was just a fling... It couldn't be, yet her words killed me, 'I don't feel anything special towards you'. Those words kept ringing in my head over and over again. My instinct was right... there was definitely something wrong and that insecure feeling that loomed over me when we were on the beach, I was right to feel scared. After a while of running, I finally stopped in front of Stella's room and opened the door. Darkness. Just like how I was feeling right now. My world became dark, cold, and numb.

Stella's P.O.V

Where was she? I looked at my watch, 7.08PM. Is she not getting dinner today? Oh, there is Ms hot teacher. Maybe she would know where Kaori is.

"Hey there"

"Oh... it's you..." What was this? The sadness in her eyes was as obvious as stars on a clear night. Did something happen?

"I don't think we've met before, but my name is Stella, the only waitress around here"

"Right... and to what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you?" Her words already told me that something happened with Kaori, but where was she?

"Have you seen Kaori?"

"No... I haven't" Lies. I could always tell when someone was hiding something and she was one of them. What happened?

The night went by incredibly slow without her. I knew I had a stupid crush on Kaori and I wouldn't deny it. The moment she opened up to me, I saw how frail she was, but also how genuine her love for that teacher was. I didn't stand a chance with her, but I still held on this little hope that maybe I could taste her lips and feel her body on mine again. "10PM... time to go back. Hopefully she's in my room..." After a few minutes of walking, I was finally in front of my suite room. The click of the door as I opened it made my heart beat faster by the second. The darkness of my room greeted me exactly the same as how I left it. I sighed knowing she wasn't in here. I turned on the lights and went inside, but to my surprise, I found her on the bed all curled up.

"Kaori, there you are! Why were the lig--" She didn't let me finish my sentence as she jumped on me and gave me a tight hug. "Kaori...?" That's when I realised that she was crying. Her body was trembling against mine as she buried her face in my chest as if trying to forget what happened to her. I gently wrapped my arms around her waist and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Whatever happened, it must have had something to do with that teacher, otherwise who could have made her this sad?

Kaori's P.O.V

The moment the door opened, I knew it was Stella. I didn't want her to question me about what happened, I just wanted to have someone I could go back to, and she was that person. I hugged her as tight as I could. Was she going to disappear as well? What if she leaves me like how Kisaki did? I've grown to like Stella a lot although we spent only 2 days together.

"Please... don't leave me..."

"Kaori..." I knew she was worried about me, her voice said it all. But I didn't want to talk about it now.

"Let's go to sleep..."

~Next morning~

I barely had any sleep as I kept thinking about Kisaki. Was everything a joke to her? Not too long ago I was being held in her arms and now, I had no one. It was over this time, over for good.

I hopped out of bed as silently as I could so that I wouldn't be disturbing Stella. She was sleeping like a log. If only I had met you before her... I sighed making my way to the bathroom. I soaked myself in my favourite lush milky bubble bath that Stella bought for me, drowning myself in hopes that I would forget about Kisaki.