Chapter 13 - Conflicted

A/N: For those that haven't read the edited version from the beginning... I took some time to edit my story from the very beginning (which is why it took some time to update this chapter) and I added a side character called "Bea". She was in a romantic relationship with Kisaki 3 years ago in her previous school and it didn't end up well for both of them, which leads to why she is still reluctant to start a real relationship with Kaori and never took things seriously until she realised she truly loved her. Without further ado, enjoy Chapter 13!

Kaori's P.O.V

I was taken aback. What was she suddenly saying? I felt my face starting to burn as she stared into my eyes. Don't lose it, Kaori. She's just playing with you again!

"I-I don't know what you are talking about." I couldn't look away as she leaned in to me. She was about to kiss me.

"Kaori..." Her hot breath sent chills to my body. "...please listen to me."

"Sensei... I-I don't think it's a good idea..."

"That one person I only have eyes for, is you. I love you, Kaori." The words I longed to hear from her was finally out. Why now? If she loved me, why did she wait for so long to tell me?!

"I-I-I think I need time..." I pushed her away and turned my back, walking away. She didn't follow me back, which I was grateful for. I was so confused, I didn't know which words I had to believe anymore. Just 2 days ago she told me she didn't have any feelings for me, and now she comes back and tells me she loves me? I remembered what Stella told me, she got drunk because of her current love problems. It wasn't adding up. She was the one that kept chasing me when I told her that we had to distance ourselves, she was the one that told me she didn't have feelings for me, but now she comes back and tells me this. I was supposed to be happy, but I couldn't trust her completely when she clearly told me that it was a game for her.

~A few hours later~

I was back in Stella's room, the event from earlier playing on repeat in my head. I couldn't figure it out. "I am so confused..." I let out a sigh.

"What's the problem now?"

"Shouldn't you be working?" I asked.

"I work night shifts, so anyway, what is it now?"

"Stella... I, uhm, I don't know what to believe anymore."

She looked at me worried then came to join me to sit on the bed, "What do you mean?"

"It's with my teacher..."

"Oh..." The moment I said that, her face changed and I remembered that she had met her yesterday and still hadn't told me anything.

"Stella, please... just tell me what you know."

"W-w-what?"

"I know you were with her yesterday night..."

She let out a sigh before saying, "You're right, I was with her on that night."

"Why didn't you tell me?" My voice became shaky.

"Trust me, Kaori, I tri—"

"You should have told me! Why are people whom I care for hiding things from me?! First her, now you. Who should I even trust now!?" I was feeling overwhelmed. Kisaki's actions made no sense and although I more or less already knew that Stella had met with her yesterday, she didn't tell me anything and acted like nothing happened. "I am so tired of this..." As I was about to leave, she grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"F*ck, I didn't tell you because I love you, Kaori." She cupped my face and continued, "I know that you broke up with her and you had just recovered from a bad fever. I know how broken you were and I just couldn't tell you about it. That teacher of yo—" Before she could finish her sentence, we heard a knock on the door. Stella stood up and went to the door and opened it.