File #7: Copy-AI System Flaw 1

Cognition Dissociation Disorder is a mental disorder that occurs when a Copy-AI is attached to a host's body for too long. The AI starts to lose its own sense of self and begins to merge with the cognition of the host body, similarly, the host's cognition is affected by this merger, with memories, personality traits and emotions carried over from the AI.

Cases such as these can lead to schizophrenia, depression, and sometimes suicide.

There is a mandate whereby Copy-AIs are only allowed to remain active for one month, upon which time they are returned to the original body, or self-delete themselves.

Cognition Dissociation Disorder does not only come in this form however.

When Copy-AIs are transferred to lower cognition bodies, such as when Block-3 or Block-4 soldiers copy their brain data to Block-6 dolls, it is not unusual for many of their cognitive functions to dull. Block-6 dolls are unable to process emotions, hence an AI inserted into said body will react differently in combat situations, despite theoretically being an exact copy of the original.

Usually, for data transfer, report details, and general battle experience, we ensure that the Copy-AI is recovered once a mission is over. The data is gathered from the host, Block-6 body and is sent back to the original Block3/4 body which has been in hibernation.

This process allows the Serv believe that he or she was indeed in the battle, because the memories of the battle is transferred back to the original body.

The problem arises when there is too clear of a disassociation between how the Copy-AI acts when in a Block-6 body, and when it is in a Block-3 body.

If the Copy-AI in battle acted far colder, far rougher, and far less emotional when in the Block-6 body, then recovery of the Copy-AI could be damaging. Certain individuals have personalities that do not match their Block-6 versions. There are many Block-3 Servs who are very emotional, hence having the memories of a far colder and harsh version of themselves causes a mild version of Cognition Dissociation Disorder.

The Copy-AI eventually integrates itself back into the body, after a period of a few months. However, it has been noticed that most people undergo a significant personality change once this happens, largely, that the Serv starts to lose his or her emotional capabilities and begins to resemble their Block-6 counterpart.

This secret fault has been bypassed to a degree by ensuring that people don't stay in Block-6 bodies for too long, however there has been a noticeable decrease in cognition among Block-4 Servs ever since the Copy-AI system came into place.

The Copy-AI system however, is a necessary one, regardless of its faults.