End Part 1: Back to Mars

Ava woke up in a cold, white room. He was lying flat on a bad. He recognised it, it was the transferral room back on Mars. The place where Servs got their consciousnesses placed into new bodies. How did that happen? When? A moment ago he was on the roof of the facility on Earth, he was about to go and destroy the radio tower and chop off all connection to the network. Was he really back on Mars?

When did he get transferred here?

"I was monitoring you wirelessly," said a recognisable voice. Ava's senses unblurred, he suddenly noticed that the Major was standing next to his table,

"W-what?" Ava asked,

"When Aphrodite passed the copy-AI onto you back when you needed to hack your way into the facility, she added a command to back-up your data every few minutes. She then told me, well, ordered me, to record it wirelessly if there was any need for me to recover your memories."

"What are you talking about? How long has it been since then!?"

"Two months. And I'd like for you to watch your tone Ava."

Ava didn't reply, two months!?

"You succeeded in destroying the radio tower, and the network as a whole. A real ballsy move. I don't know whether to punish you or not Ava. Not that it matters... it didn't take too long for the Block-1 Servs to get overthrown."

"Overthrown?"

The Major sighed,

"You'd be surprised how much can happen in a couple of months." she said, "can you move? Let's walk and talk."

Ava tried moving his body. His feet, his hands, his arms. They all felt pretty stiff, far less flexible and light than his usual body.

"That's a standard body by the way Ava. All hacking models are gone now. You ok with that?" the Major asked,

"W-what?!" then again, what did Ava need that body for anymore anyway? Maybe having an average body wasn't too bad, it's not like what Block level he was made a difference anymore. Even if he was in a Block-3 body, he could feel that he had the same cognitive abilities as he always had.

He'd just have to get used to this body.

Ava slowly got out of bed. It was pretty hard to get a grasp of, he'd never had a forced transferral before, it was almost like time just skipped forwards two months.

"Stop being a baby. It's not like you haven't transferred your consciousness before." said the Major,

"It's been a while..." Ava replied, "I still can't believe I've been out cold for two months."

"I had to manually travel back to Mars, and then deal with the chaos that was going on here while finding you a new body. Not to mention one for Aphrodite."

"Wait what!? Aphrodite!?"

"Come on." The Major walked to the door, it slid open automatically. She waited for Ava to hobble over, he was still having trouble getting used to his new, weaker body. The two walked out to the corridor that lined the side of the building. The view of the entire metropolis at night was visible from the windows that lined the right side of the walls. They were pretty high up, right at the centre of the city. This was definitely the Serv military HQ.

"What was that about Aphrodite?"

"Wait a moment. I'm trying to connect to her." the Major was holding a long, black device up to her ear, it seemed to have two grills on either side, "remote contact over long distances is really difficult these days. Aphrodite made this miniature radio for me though. I can talk to a few key people who have a similar device." she rolled her eyes, "don't ask me how it works, that girl is always coming up with crazy inventions." even without a human body it sounded like Aphrodite was still a genius.