Chapter 54: Respite

The room was full of Serv production tanks, a huge collection of tubes that were cramped together, many with robotic arms hanging from the ceiling of the room for whatever reason. It was dark, save from the lights of a handful of tanks that had recently been activated.

Ava and Aphrodite stood in the sidelines and watched with concern as the final stage of Sylvie's transformation was going on, her tank was getting drained and the door was about to open. Was she ok? Did her body manage to recover? The Major's arm had been replaced completely, and Ava's body was as good as new, but to do a 100% body replacement sounded like a big ask.

The two had been waiting hours, both of them alone. The Major, while healed, was going to most likely be unconscious for a little while longer while her brain started to get used to not having a virus in it. Which made sense.

The door finally slammed opened, the sound of Sylvie gasping could be heard.

She struggled for a bit and then tried to walk out, Ava and Aphrodite rushed over to help her out of the tank with less fuss, Ava recalled he stumbled out with very little grace during his healing period, didn't want Sylvie to humiliate herself too.

After Sylvie made it out of the tank, he huffed a little more and then instantly perked up, as if a spark of electricity had gone through her body.

"W-wow!" she said, "My body, it feels perfect. No fatigue, no pain, no nothing. It's like I was born again or something!"

"You pretty much were." said Ava, who was admiring his work, after all, he set the parameters for her body.

"My body's weighting is a little off though, I keep edging forwards. I wonder why that is?" Sylvie balanced on one leg to confirm that her body's balance had changed.

"It's cuz Ava gave you massive boobs," Aphrodite rolled her eyes,

"Oh, you're right!" Sylvie looked down, "I had a feeling those measurements were off!"

"Oh um, well like I said it was a little mistake" he could hear Aphrodite cough "bullshit" background, "but I think it looks better anyway?"

"Well, if you say so."

"Can you guys even hear yourselves?" Aphrodite frowned, "don't you know what sexual attraction is? How dense can you Servs be?"

"Sexual attraction? You mean that thing mammals use to mate right?" asked Ava,

"Y-yeah,"

"So humans have the same thing I guess?"

"Maybe." Aphrodite looked away, "that's not my point. You guys clearly have something akin to that programmed into you, for some bizarre reason."

Ava shrugged, "I dunno, I just think it looks nice,"

"Well whatever, can we stop talking about Sylvie's boobs and get on with more important stuff? We've got no reason to stay here any longer. The battle ended hours ago and Ava's surviving clones all dispersed, so there's nothing to do here."

"They dispersed?" Sylvie enquired,

"Off to find their own meaning in life." said Ava, "as expected of them. I'm sure we'll stumble upon them again at some point though."

"Oh right, I guess you're right then Aphrodite, no reason to stay here."

Aphrodite  nodded, "We'll go back to the ship, it should still be outside the city as long as the cloaking system didn't go on the fritz. From there we can wait for her," she indicated to the Major, "to wake up."

"Right," Ava nodded, "if there's going to be anyone who'll be a good lead when it comes to finding that Evo scientist, it'll be her. She'll know the lay of the land better than anyone."