File #8: Off-network Evo Architecture

It has been proven by our model 3 Evo replica that Evos that are not on a network have little to no autonomy. All Evos need to be part of the hive mind to have recognisable conscious thought.

General thought processes of the Evo are relayed by commands send by their mother brain, and acted out by their core programming depending on what model Evo they are.

So far we have examined three main Evos:

Model 1:

The first Evo we captured, a mid-level war machine that was still on the network. After disabling it and dissecting it the core operating system and inner workings of Evo machines were identified. We noticed that Evo have adaptability chips which allow them to transfer ideas and thoughts without any loss of data fidelity.

The hacking system was developed with this in this consideration. The new Block-2 unit will be made to transfer cognition perfectly to Evo robots (as long as they have compatible OSs) with no loss of autonomy.

For example, transferring a Block-1 to a Block-6 will, without a doubt, cause the Block-1 Serv to lose some of its autonomy. However transferring a Block-1 to an Evo chip will cause no loss in autonomy at all.

The reason for why Evos have such powerful systems is not clear.

Model 2:

The second Evo we captured, a goliath level war machine subdued by the major. At a size of a skyscraper, this Evo helped the Serv figure out the inner workings of Evo technology and design philosophy.

Evo machinery is vastly different from Serv machinery on a fundamental level, both in terms of software and hardware.

In the end it was decided that developing our own Evo infiltration model would be too difficult, and hence we acquired a model of our own.

Model 3:

Called Go-bot by the operators. This was an Evo we captured during a siege on a Goliath War Ship. This Evo was taken off the network and a Serv OS was installed on top of its now redundant Evo OS.

The Model 3 is our proof that Evos off the network lack any autonomy.

UPDATE: Upon learning of a similar model robot as Go-bot, known as Schweitzer, our assessment of Evo robots have changed.

The Evos can develop autonomy without being on the network.