Chapter 43: Servs Return

The town square was a melted wreck, the shacks, once lovingly built, had returned to become nothing more than pieces of scrap metal. The black winter sky was lit up by the intensity of the fires, all the small flammable possessions that the Evos had collected, including all their precious oils, disappearing into a growing pillar of flames.

Serv soldiers had overrun the place, all wearing basic black shells and tight black helmets that covered everything but their mouths, they ran around and fired at every single Evo in the village as they ran away in fear. The only line of defence was Spider, who was doing her best to shield her friends. Unfortunately, her body was starting to show wear, there were burning marks all over her body, some of her limbs had been torn off by explosive blasts, and she was having trouble co-ordinating her attacks. There were at least ten Servs she had to deal with, and while she was still able to swipe a few of them away, she wasn't ready for the one single Serv who had managed to jump into the air on top of her.

This Serv in particular had a sword drawn, he was aiming for her head. One swipe would behead her and then she'd be done for good.

Ava wasn't going to let that happen, glowing red like a raging fireball zooming across the sky, he shot in and intercepted the Serv before it could hit Spider. An incredibly powerful kick in the face from Ava at full power sent the Serv crashing into the walls of the town square.

Ava landed from the kick with less grace than he'd hoped, thumping to the ground on his hands and knees, he got up and wobbled a little. He'd unlocked his limiters ever since he ran to the town from the wall, that was several minutes of full power. His body was burning up, all his joints were glowing red and his body was steaming. His battery had gone all the way down to 3%. He hated to admit it, his body really wasn't meant for combat.

He looked around, the level of destruction was terrible, a lot of the Evos had been shot, but thankfully Spider had managed to protect them enough so that they weren't beyond repair. With Aphrodite around they'd probably be back to normal in time. But still, this was horrible, these were robots who'd never seen violence before.

"You ok Spider?" Ava walked up and her and patted her head, "oh, it looks like a lot of your ornaments were burned, I'm sorry."

Spider whimpered. Poor thing. Ava turned around to face the Servs, a frown on his face, they'd all stopped attacking and were waiting for Ava to speak.

"What the hell are you guys doing here? And why'd you decide to attack this town? These Evos were peaceful!" he grit his teeth. The Servs all looked at each other in confusion, one of the soldiers in the back walked forward. He looked different from the others, a little taller, still wearing a black shell but this time with some fabric clothing, a black jacket and a satchel.

"They're Evos Ava. Does it matter if they're peaceful?" he said in a very frank tone.

"Tch," so they knew who he was, he motioned to Spider, waved his hand to indicate that she should leave the town square while she still could.

"The Block-1s were right, you truly are fascinating Ava. It looks like you're feeling empathy for the enemy," said the other Serv,

"Shut up." Ava growled, "You Block-3s don't know how to think for yourselves at all do you?"

"It makes us efficient."

"If you say so. So are you gonna tell me why you're here? I'm still in the middle of my mission you know. I don't need any other Servs interfering and causing a ruckus," and they didn't need to know he'd found Aphrodite already.

"One second." the Serv opened up his satchel and pulled out a small ten inch screen. He pressed a button on the side to turn it on. The moment it turned on, two familiar faces greeted Ava on the screen. Two quite well known Block-1s. Lin and Rin, female Servs who both wore white powdered make-up, bright red lipstick, and wore vibrant and ornate gowns that loosely covered their otherwise naked bodies.