Chapter 39: The Major Explodes

Nine minutes had passed.

"Major! Team A here the pylon is deserted, partially hacked."

"Team B! Same here!"

Both the teams had bad news,

"Circle around the perimeter, go at full speed. Find them." said the Major

"Yes ma'am!" both the teams replied.

This was too cruel. These new generation Block-2s didn't know what would befall them if this mission failed. The Major had promised herself, and the other Block-1s that these ones wouldn't fail.

Why? Why did Block-2s, Servs that were so much more powerful than your average soldier, always end up living such tragic lives? The Major needed to hold on to hope.

"M-major!" it was Theodore, "oh my god, hel-" his voice cut out,

"Theodore? Theodore! What's going on?" The Major exclaimed,

"Major it's, it's-" this time Rina, "No!!!" she screamed. Her voice cut out.

"Rina!?" shit.

Screaming from the other side, every one of them eventually cutting out. What was going on? Had they all been attacked?

They sounded terrified.

The Major needed to make a choice, something terrible had happened, and it happened out of nowhere. Should she go and save them? Find out what went wrong? Or should she-

Five minutes left.

Should she just finish the damn mission herself?

The answer, when thought through logically. Was obvious. Take out the factory first, then find the Block-2s. If she were to save the Block-2s she wouldn't have time to finish the mission and then the self-destruct protocol on all the other Servs would trigger.

She hated to leave her soldiers when they were in trouble. But this was the only way. Kill everyone.

No time to waste, The Major pulled out two batons, stuck them together, and then let them extend to a two-ended spear. Blades on either end of the pole, both of them engineered to cut through any material like butter. No Serv would be able to handle a weapon like this with the precision required to make it effective. None but the Major anyway. A special weapon for a very special Serv.

She jumped down off of the cliff edge down to the ground where the factory facility lay. The moment she crashed onto the hard, concrete surface, everything went into slow motion. Her sensory abilities at their peak, made the world around her look like it was floating in water, and somehow she was still moving in real time. She ran towards the main factory building without missing as step, every cannon and machine that was in the way was swiftly slashed to pieces before they could even register her existence. She bounced between every weapon that was in the way, ricocheting between threats like a supersonic pinball and leaving nothing but steaming piles of scrap metal and torn concrete behind.

Twelve seconds. She'd managed to clear a square mile of the factory's outside with ease. But that was irresponsible, she'd gone into auto-pilot and was just destroying everything in her path, what she really needed to do was destroy the main factories.

And so she zoomed on ahead to the goliath of a building that stood in the middle of the complex. Five giant spider Evos were standing in the way guarding the main door. Of course twelve seconds had started since The Major's onslaught had started, so they were aware of her existence, but where she was and how they should react to her was obviously lost to them. They knew she was getting closer because at second eleven the trail of demolition had reached them.

At second thirteen the spiders were piles of scrap the were left burning on the snowy concrete, in that one second the Major had shredded the closest spider into tiny pieces, had torn off the legs and head of another, ripped out the insides of two more, and thrown the final spider to the main gates so hard that it exploded into a ball of flames and left a huge gaping hole in the facility that gave the Major ample space to run through.

Of course, at her speed she'd already run through before the explosion had even finished dissipating and doing all the damage it could do.

The insides were more complicated and intricate, but that made it all the easier to destroy, The Major had no idea what the other floors looked like, but the ground floor was a huge hall with pillars extending up to the ceiling. Awkward looking Evos of all shapes and sizes were being constructed by huge arm-like machines that hung from above and put pieces together intricately. The Evos were then just carelessly dropped into giant containers on the back of spider Evos, who were most likely carrying the newly constructed Evos somewhere for activation.

In the space of a few milliseconds the Major had established the best course of action to take the building down. There was an ideal order in which to take out each pillar, and if that was done, and she also managed to weaken the walls with collateral damage, the entire ground floor would collapse, then it was just a case of jumping through the ceiling a few floors, doing the same there, and then continuing up until she reached the top floor. Demolishing key floors in the building would make it impossible for the building to stay standing by supporting its own weight.

So that's exactly what she did.

Thirty-one seconds passed. She stood on the roof of the building, high into the sky, as every floor started to register the damage she'd done to them. She assessed the few other structures that lined the facility. If she did the same to all of them, she'd be able to destroy all the buildings in about three minutes. It'd be faster if she didn't have to wait for gravity to take up so much of her time when she jumped off of the roof and land on the ground again.

In the space of just three minutes she managed to whizz around the entire complex destroying everything in her path.

Ruin and destruction was all that remained when she was done, and she'd managed to do it all with two minutes to spare. She stood at the centre of the factory ruins as all the buildings continued to collapse and all the Evos she'd disabled exploded in the background. Pretty easy, easier than she'd thought it'd be, although her joints were feeling a little stiff after it all. But it was a shame, her lack of hacking ability meant that all the information that was hidden in the depths of the factories would most likely be lost forever, there might be a slim chance that a terminal survived somewhere, but even then, would the data be intact? No doubt she destroyed all the servers too.

Either way. The backup mission directive had been fulfilled, meaning the mission technically counted as a success, it meant that her soldiers would survive.

But where were they? She'd still not heard anything from them. The snowy darkness and lack of contact from any living being gave The Major almost a feel of... desertion. As if she was completely alone on Europa.

Time to find them.

Time for find her sons and daughters.