Chapter 24: Grave

Sylvie lay on the grass, the sun was shining down and a warm breeze was spreading tranquillity through the air. She'd approached the moon of Saturn, however due to a barrage of satellites and shiny panels that surrounded it, she found it very difficult to navigate her way to the ground.

She'd managed to salvage her ship, but the crash landing pushed her against the cockpit at a weird angle and she ended up damaging her leg. She lay on the ground for a while just letting the leg self-heal, the level of damage it had taken meant she wouldn't be able to walk for several hours. What a clown she was.

Where was she going to go? The moon wasn't too big, so she'd be able to navigate the whole thing in a few days, probably. Looking around, she was fairly sure she'd found the sanctuary. The weather and atmosphere was similar to mars, an atmosphere built ideally for humans. This wasn't a place built for grotty Evos.

Sylvie could hear a vehicle in the background, it was tumbling closer to her. Shit. She wasn't able to get up and run, if she was about to face someone hostile she'd be in big trouble. As the noise got closer she noticed it was a rather large jeep that was driving towards her off road. The design was quite alien to her, with its six wheels, open top, and green matt camouflage. Of course, it was Evo technology, so she'd never have seen it before. Either way she'd have no choice but to sit there and see what happened, her legs weren't responding to any stimulus yet, she'd probably have to wait an hour or so until she'd be able to move them again.

The vehicle finally stopped in front of her. Sylvie blinked as she saw the figure of the being that stepped out. Was it a Serv? No, she'd never seen a Serv model with a face like that before, and his shell... his shell was a unique colour. Her eyes widened, no joints, he didn't have any joints. And his shell was made of flesh! This... another human!?

"Oh my, you seem to have hurt yourself," said the human,

"S-stay back!" humans were block-0, they could completely enslave her. Did this one know?

"Don't be scared, I'm not here to hurt you," the human continued, "you're a Serv aren't you?"

"What about you? You're a human... right?" she'd need to find an opportunity to kill it "Is this the sanctuary?" but this one didn't seem hostile, so she'd be able to ambush it, she was sure. Just buy time until her legs are healed.

"Oh, no no, I'm not a human." The being smiled, "I'm an off-network Evo, my mind is placed in an advanced humanoid cyborg unit."

"What?"

"I'm an Evo. Not a human."

"So, that's a robot body?" holy crap, they have technology advanced enough to make fake humans?

"Indeed."

Whatever, Sylvie still needed to buy time. The fact that it was an Evo made her assumptions of it not being hostile go down the toilet.

"Could you happen to be, Ms Sylvie?" asked the Evo,

"...How do you know that name!?"

"Shall I take that as a yes?"

"I didn't say that."

"My young friend Go-bot mentioned a Ms Sylvie and Mr Ava. Two Serv units he was acquainted with."

"Go-bot? He's here?"

"Indeed."

"That means, the human. Aphrodite!"