Chapter ten

He didn't know where he was. All he knew was that his neck felt as if someone tried strangling him for hours on end. His vision was starting to return but just barely. Slowly, he tried to get up but his legs betrayed him and he fell right on his back. He felt incredibly weak. As his vision  returned, he saw what appeared to be the ceiling of some giant cell. Looking around, there were metal bars surrounding him. They looked familiar.

Then it hit him.

Cadmus.

But what did they want with him? They wouldn't try to bait Kara into saving him again. Even they weren't that stupid to think she wouldn't approach them without a plan this time.

He spotted a huge blood stain on the left corner of his cell. Wait, that wasn't just any blood stain. It was his. From the time he was shot. He remembered crouching in that corner trying to not focus on the pain he was in.

He was disgusted. They didn't even have the decency to clean the cell before they put him right back like some kind of dog.

Suddenly, the lights above him flickered on as he heard footsteps approach.

And there she was, the epitomy of all evil. Who knew a middle aged woman would have so much time on her hands that she would try taking over the world.

"Well, it seems like you've finally woken up Daxamite." she began.

"You say that like I've just wake from a peaceful nap." his teeth clenched.

"Well technically, it was the last time you'll ever have a peaceful anything if I do say so myself." she sneered.

"I would ask why I am here but I guess you're gonna tell me anyway, so just get it over with so I can label you as even more crazy than you already are." he said sarcastically.

"Well, the last time you were captured, the direct target was Supergirl. We needed to blow her powers and to get access to the fortress of solitude." she reminded him.

"But this time, our plan is much bigger." she laughed.

"Some would say great." she added.

"Well then let's hear it then." he dropped to the floor of the cell and leaned against the cell wall.

"Our plans to rid this Earth of any alien scum are going according to schedule. But, the DEO still stands as our biggest opposition. The only way to take out the alien populace, is to take them out." she explained.

"Now, seeing as Supergirl is so closely affiliated with the DEO, they value her opinions and will not proceed in making any big decision without her, especially the ones that concerns us."

"So I thought, what better way to dismantle their operation than to make her choose between saving your life and disclosing their exact location to us." she smirked.

"It's either she saves your life by disclosing the location of the DEO, leading to it's eventual destruction, or the DEO stands by while it awaits your death." she finished.

"Or you can just tell me where it is right now and save us 48 hours." she gave him the option.

Mon-el rose from the floor of the cell and put his head right against the bars as he stared coldly at Lillian.

" The only way that I am gonna tell you anything, is if you beat it out of me." he spat.

"I would never betray Kara, or my friends. Not even when my life is concerned. So I suggest you sit by and wait for your plans to fail, because Kara and the DEO will stop you." he assured her.