Chapter forty-eight ( 👫💍)

Mon-el touched down on the somewhat familiar rooftop that he had decided was where he wanted to ask the most important question in his life.

The candles were arranged just like he wanted them. Just lightly placed around the ridges of the rooftop with a few spread across the surface. There were also these simple but elegant fairy string lights that he, with the help of Winn, managed to hang on whatever surface he could find. He remembered that Kara loved the simplicity of those lights. She would use them whenever there was an occasion, to decorate her apartment.

He made sure to get Kara's favorite flowers, lillies. He placed them in vases all around the floor so that they stood out in the candlelight. He really hoped that it was enough. The box in his pocket felt as if he was carrying around a ten pound weight. His nerves weren't doing any better as he tried to stop his heart from racing.

All he had to do now was wait for Kara to arrive, which wasn't long since she flew right behind him the entire time. And as he thought that, she landed gently on the edge of the rooftop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara finally saw Mon-el make a final leap onto this rooftop of some building. From the air, she could see that it was decorated with candles and several lights. Before she even landed, she couldn't stop herself from smiling profusely. When she did land, she saw an abundance of lillies placed in vases all around her and Mon-el stood on the opposite side of the floor. Gosh, what adorable thing did he plan now?? It was becoming hard for her to keep up with his overly romantic gestures.

She wasn't certain if it was just her, but he looked a bit pale in the moonlight. Even with candles and lights everywhere. She bit her lip to keep from smiling because she knew just how lucky she was to have a guy like Mon-el. She already knew that whatever happened next, it would make this the best birthday she had yet.

" Mon-el? What is all this? Flowers? Candles? You know you didn't have to go all out for me. It's just my earth birthday." she said.

Mon-el walked closer to her, still jittery from the humongous butterflies in his stomach.

" But it isn't. It's way more important than you think." he sighed nervously.

" I don't understand. What do you......" she began to speak but he cut her off before she could finish.

" Just let me do most of the talking tonight please. I promise you'll understand soon." he took her hands in his gently, but tight enough to make his point.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Oh ma god. Oh ma god. Oh my God!!!!!! It's about to happen!!!" Winn squealed as he nearly jumped off of the couch.

" Are you guys sure that Kara doesn't know he's about to propose ? I mean, after the candles and the flowers and the lights. It's inevitable that she figured it out!" Jonn concluded.

" No way. She would never suspect a thing. Because Mon-el does cheesy stuff like this all the time. He's like the God of romance." Winn informed them.

"It's true. I can't even count the amount of times that Kara has come over just to tell me about what adorable thing he did for her again and again." Alex rolled her eyes.

" From the gifts...." she began.

" To the times he cooks for her in bed..." Winn added.

" Surprising her at work..." James kept it going.

" What about the time he wore the "I love Kara" sweater for Valentine's Day to the DEO?" Jonn laughed while everyone joined in.