Chapter thirty-six

"He's waking up." he heard a voice he couldn't quite recognize.

" He sure is good looking. Unconscious and all." Cisco said.

" Now is not the time Cisco." Barry quarrelled.

Barry just kept pacing back and forth.

"Hey man, you're good looking too!" Cisco tried.

Mon-el would've laughed at the conversation taking place around him if he wasn't so groggy.

He opened his eyes to see Cisco, Caitlin, Wally and Iris staring down at him.

"Hey buddy. How ya feelin?" Cisco asked whilst grinning.

" Uh, dizzy." he said as he slowly sat up.

"Hey, careful. You shouldn't be sitting up just yet." Caitlin warned.

Mon-el's chest hurt. A lot. And that would be an understatement.

He looked around at everyone around him, trying to catch his bearings and trying to remember how he got here in the first place. Then he froze. His eyes widened.

"Kara." he spoke.

He immediately flung off his covers and tried to free himself from the constraints of the bed he was laying in. Cisco and Wally rushed to hold him down, not that they could if they tried.

"Hey, hey. Relax man, you shouldn't exert yourself just yet." Wally said.

" Where is she? " he asked, almost in a murderous tone.

"She's in the med bay. Alex is with her right now. She's still unconscious." Iris informed him.

"Thanks." he looked at Iris before he tried getting up again, but his dizziness hadn't faded.

" Whoa, whoa. Easy there Mon-el. You're not getting up any time soon." Caitlin warned.

"  I'm fine." he resisted, as he looked in the direction of the med bay, but he couldn't see anything clearly.

" No you're not fine. You're lucky you didn't have a heart attack!" she argued.

"What?" he was confused.

" Because of your repeated contact with the electrically charged walls of the cell, the energy sent continuous shocks to the heart, which increased the rate at which your heart contracts per minute. Hence, the speed at which blood was flowing through your system, increased severely." Caitlin rattled.

" What does that mean?" he asked, not following.

"It means, your blood pressure reached as high as 537/258. Those numbers are the highest systolic/diastolic pressures ever to be recorded. A normal human would've been dead in seconds." she finished.

" So you're not going anywhere until your blood pressure returns to normal." she scolded.

" What about Kara? Is she okay? The knife. Did you get it out? Is she still bleeding? How......." he asked without taking any breaths in between.

" I removed the knife and her wounds are healing, but slowly. Because the kryptonite had such direct contact to her cells, there are still traces of it in her system. She'll be bed ridden for a little while." Caitlin sighed.

Mon-el was fuming, despite his weak state. His fists curled in anger as he remembered what that coward did to her. He knew that as soon as he got out of this bed, he would make sure that he had a part to play in his demise.

"Wait, how did Barry, Wally and Alex get out of the cell?" he suddenly remembered.

" Oh." Cisco raised his hand.