Chapter forty-five.

"Sooo....did you get it??!!" Winn ambushed Mon-el the minute he walked into the DEO that night.

Mon-el grabbed Winn and dragged him into an empty room all while grinning.

" I got it." he laughed as he pulled the box out of his pocket and handed it to Winn.

Winn opened the box and his jaw dropped.

" Mon-el! This is probably the most beautiful ring I've ever seen!" he grinned.

" Yup turns out it belonged to a rich prince who proposed to this woman who didn't want to marry him after all and she left the ring at this store and fled. No one ever claimed it so the sales lady gave me it at any price I wanted." he laughed.

" She said maybe it would bring another prince his soulmate someday. And I think I'm just the man for that job." he said.

" This ring is gonna give me my life with the one person I love more than anything in this world." he sighed.

Winn dramatically wiped away the fake tears from his eyes and sniffled loudly.

" Mon-el, I don't know what to say. Yes! Yes I'll marry you!" he said slipping the ring onto his ring finger which could only go about 1cm before it got stuck.

Mon-el rolled his eyes, " Oh just give me back the ring you idiot!" he laughed at Winn's antics.

" Is that how you speak to your future spouse? Ugh, I am hurt." he said.

" Winn! I'm serious! I need to get back to Kara's! She'll be wondering where I am! We can get couple's counselling later!" he huffed.

" Fine." he said handing him back the ring.

" I'm real happy for you man. And Kara. You'll tell me how it all goes down."

" I'm still working on that. It has to be perfect. There's no rush." he told him.

" Well you better pop the question soon because I don't think I can hold out against Kara's questions anymore. She always knows when I am lying." he sighed.

" Don't worry. Your torture will be over soon." he patted Winn on the shoulder.

"I'm gonna go. Kara's gonna wanna know where I've been." he said walking away.

" Tell her you were helping me test out the strength of our new DEO combat suits. She hasn't been in today so she will never know you're lying." Winn suggested.

" That's genius! I'll tell her you called me in early this morning since they didn't want to disturb her unless absolutely necessary. But I wonder why she didn't come in today?" he said.

"Dunno. She must've been busy." Winn mumbled.

" Yeah, I'm sure that's it." Mon-el replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kara knew something was up with Mon-el. The alleged errands for Winn. His always leaving her apartment early and now him not being home as yet. Not to mention Winn's stuttering everytime she questioned him.

And it seemed everyone knew something besides her. Like today when she saw him and Alex walking into some abandoned store near CatCo.

She had been so caught up in trying to figure out what was going on that was so top secret that she handed in her article without spell checking it first. That did not go down well with Snapper.

Now here she was, in her apartment, pacing up and down trying to figure out how to bring up the matter when Mon-el came home.

She understood if it was something between Winn and Mon-el. Those two were always whispering about something. If she wasn't dating Mon-el, she wouldn't be surprised if he and Winn ended up together. But even Alex was in the loop about whatever they were hiding, so it must be more than anything Star Wars related.