Chapter twenty-four

It was the end of another long day at CatCo. There hadn't been much criminal activity in the city in the last 24 hours, so Kara found herself bored. Between being Supergirl and reporting, her life had become quite uneventful lately. And she knew exactly why. Mon-el. She no longer spent time going on dates with him, teaching him new things or just being with him.

Gosh how she missed him. She wondered what he was doing right now. She wondered if he was just sitting on his bed thinking, like she was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mon-el had just gotten back to his room at the DEO. It was late. He hadn't seen anyone at the DEO except for Alex and Winn, who he was surprised hadn't left as yet. He decided to do a late night workout before he went to sleep. He found himself doing a lot of those lately. Maybe it was because it kept him distracted long enough not to think about her. Kara. Whenever he thought of her, he would turn to training to keep his mind occupied. His physique had improved greatly over the last month.

He quickly shook himself out of his thoughts as he dropped to the floor, doing both the normal and one handed push ups. He closed his eyes as he tried to focus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alex, Mon-el just went to his room. It's the perfect time, there's no one else here but us." Winn informed.

"Are you sure? What about Jonn?" she asked.

"He's gone as well, said he had something personal to do." he said.

"I didn't think he did anything personal." she said.

"Um, hello? The plan?? Hurry up and call Kara before we miss our chance!!" he half yelled, half whispered.

"Okay! Okay! Jeez. I'm calling her now." she complained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?"

"Kara, you need to get here now." Alex feigned the urgency.

" What's going on?" she asked worried.

"It's Mon-el." she said.

Kara didn't was any time. She hung up immediately and flew out of the window. She didn't even bother changing into her suit as it was already late. The chances of someone seeing her were low.

When she dropped onto the balcony, she ran up to Alex and Winn.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" she asked.

"He's in his room." Winn said holding his tablet.

She didn't even wait to hear what exactly was going on, she rushed straight to his room. She sped straight to the door expecting to see him injured or unconscious, but there he was on the floor doing push ups.

Shirtless.

Despite her confusion, Kara felt her mouth go dry from all the air she inhaled after seeing him.

He looked up, noticing her presence and immediately jumped to his feet.

Kara. Is um.......is everything okay?" he asked looking down, not noticing where her line of sight was focused.

Kara snapped out of her thoughts.

"Uh.....um Alex called me about you." she told him suddenly remembering why she came to the DEO in the first place.

She turned around to question her sister, only to see the door to the room slam shut. Okay, now she was completely lost.

"Alex? What the hell is going on? Why did you call me here? And why did you close the door?" she shouted through the wall.