Chapter eighteen

Mon-el didn't know how fast he had run out of Kara's building but he was sure it was pretty damn fast. If only he knew where to go now. Kara's apartment was his only real home that he had since he crashed on Earth.
And he couldn't go back to the DEO. He'd be forced to talk to Winn or even Alex about why he wasn't with Kara and he couldn't handle any form of interaction right now. So he ran to the only place he knew could distract him from what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He entered the alien dive bar and sat in his favorite seat.

"Hey Mon-el, what's up man?" his friend called him from behind the counter.
" Can I just get a large Zakkarian ale please?" he asked.
" You sure you want a large? It's pretty strong stuff even if you're an alien." he seemed apprehensive.
"I'm sure." he said.
"Okay, coming right up." he filled up a glass with the alcoholic liquid and handed it to him.

It didn't take him long to finish it and order another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex arrived at Kara's apartment right after Mon-el had left. She didn't even bother to knock, she just let herself in.
She found Kara curled up on the couch with pizza in one hand. Kara only looked up when she heard the door shut.

"Hey." she greeted.

"Hey." Kara said solemnly.

"I'm guessing you actually did it?" Alex took a seat next to her.

"Yup. It's done." she said reluctantly.

" Are you okay? I know this must've been hard." Alex asked worriedly.

" Hard would be an understatement." she muttered.

" At least now I know he will be safe and sound at the DEO." Kara said.

"Kara, I just came from there. I didn't see him." Alex informed her.

" What?", Kara jumped up, " then where did he go? Between here and the DEO, there isn't anywhere else that I know he spends a lot of time at."

"You think he's at Winn's?" Alex asked.

" I doubt it. Winn would have called me to tell me that he and Mon-el was about to watch Star Wars again." Kara said.

"So then, where is he?" Alex enquired.

"Wherever he is, he doesn't want to be found, not by me of all people. Not after what I said to him" she said glumly.

"And what exactly did you say to him?" Alex asked curiously.

"Oh nothing much, just that I never loved him." Kara sighed defeatedly.

"What?!!!!!!.............Kara how could you? He must be heartbroken!" Alex shouted.

"He didn't give me much of a choice! I had to, else he would have never believed me!" she defended.

"It doesn't matter anyways, it's over, end of story." she sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winn was confused when he heard a particularly weird noise coming from outside if his apartment. He slowly got up and opened the door but was surprised at what he found.

Mon-el was sitting with his back against the door, so much so that when Winn opened it, he fell head first into the apartment.

"Mon-el?!!! What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you on the floor?" he was baffled.

"Ohhh......Heyyyyyyy Winnnnnn!!!!" he started giggling uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" Winn asked.

"You're,......pftt.........you're upside down!!!!!" he managed before he burst out laughing.

"Okay, okay, let's get you off the floor and inside." he said as he reached to pick him up.

The familiar stench of alcohol surrounded Winn and he already realized that his best friend was drunk beyond belief. Of course he should have picked up on that as soon as he saw the Daxamite on the floor.

"How much have you had to drink?" he asked.

"Only a fff..ew bott....tttles." he slurred.

"Dude! I thought you stopped drinking ever since you and Kara got together!" he scolded.

Mon-el suddenly grew very quiet as if he wasn't drunk at all. As if he was remembering why he was drunk in the first place.

" Yh well, that's over." he managed to say coherently.

"What? What do you mean?" Winn pestered him but Mon-el's eyes were already closed as he was falling asleep. Winn placed a blanket over him and quietly exited the apartment.

Winn made his way over to Kara's building to ask his best friend why her boyfriend was passed out drunk on his couch instead of hers.

He knocked and was let in by Alex.

"Hey Winn, do you know where Mon-el is by chance? Last I checked he wasn't at the the DEO." Alex asked.

"That's actually why I'm here. He's at my place." he told them.

"What? Why? Did he say anything?" Kara asked.

"Well, from the parts I could understand, he said that you and him were over?" Winn asked.

"But I didn't think anything of it because he was so drunk, he fell into my apartment like a dead body. So....what's going on?" Winn asked.

Kara's ears perked up when she realized what Winn had said.

"He....he's been drinking?" she asked shocked.

"Yeah, this is actually the drunkest I have ever seen him be." Winn added.

" Which is weird since he hasn't been much of a drinker since you guys got together." he said.

"Well, they're not......not together anymore." Alex informed him.

"Wait, what? What happened?" he asked.

" Kara broke up with him so that he wouldn't be a target for her enemies anymore. She thinks she's protecting him." Alex clued him in.

"Alex!!!! You weren't supposed to tell him that!" Kara chastised.

"I'm sorry! But the guy is passed out on his couch! I can't just lie to him!!" she argued.

"So what now?" Winn asked.

"Do I wake him up and send him back to the DEO?" he asked.

"No, just let him stay there tonight. Tomorrow you can send him back to the DEO. I wish I could help but I should be the last person he sees right now." she sighed.

"Okay, but you owe me Danvers." Winn said as he left.

Okay. So honestly, I wanna know what you guys think of the whole drama that went down at Comic Con. In my opinion, the cast was just making a joke about the crazy shipping that goes on by some of the Supercorp fans. But now they are getting so much hate and are being called homophobic by people who once considered themselves fans of these actors. I do not agree with the way that part of the fandom has been reacting. Especially towards Jeremy who apologized twice. I don't think he had anything to apologise for in the first place. All the guy said was that Kara and Lena are just friends. Which they are. Clearly it was a reality check some fans couldn't handle. Comment on what your insight is to this whole thing. And don't forget to vote or leave a follow if you so desire ~ Karishma