Chapter thirty-five

Kara immediately dodged as he swung the knife at her. She punched upwards, but even with her superspeed, he was faster than her.

Being in this close a proximity to the kryptonite, was slowly weakening her. Her reflexes were becoming more and more sluggish as time went by.

" She can't beat him on her own. Not when he's in the possession of the one thing that could kill her." Alex said worriedly.

" Wally, you feel anything?" Barry asked.

"No, still no speed. What are we going to do? She can't fight him alone." he asked as he and the rest of them looked on at the fight in front of them.

"I still can't contact Cisco and Caitlin. He must've found a way to disconnect the comms." he said frustratedly.

Kara decided that she needed to slow him down. So she used her freeze breath the same time that he charged at her. Before she knew it, he was frozen to the floor, the knife still glowing a sickening shade of emerald in his hand.

She then tried to find a way to power down the cells but the panel had been destroyed. Only he could deactivate them.

She tried punching through Mon-el's cell but the electricity travelled up her arm and throughout her body instead.

"Aaaah!" she exclaimed as she held her hand.

"Kara! Are you okay?" Mon-el shouted.

She nodded but she didn't realize the glow coming from the frozen speedster she had left unattended. Soon Dendron began vibrating and the ice trap shattered, sending shards flying everywhere.

He charged at her again.

"Kara, look out!" Mon-el attempted to warn her, but she turned around too late.

He swung the kryptonite knife straight across the left side of her face, slicing her skin open immediately, and sent her flying until she hit the ground.

"Kara!!!" Mon-el and Alex screamed at the same time.

Kara groaned in pain as she tried to get off of the ground. Her face stung where the blade had pierced her skin. From the red substance that stained her fingers after touching her face, she realized she was bleeding.

Dendron smirked.

"Not so invincible now, are you?"

Despite her weakened state and bloody face, her fists curled in anger. She was getting really tired of his taunts.

"We'll see." she fired.

She charged him and he ran straight towards her. But at the last second, she dropped to the floor and slid against the floor, right between his legs.(in the most innocent/ for.fight purposes only 😐).

She upper cut him from behind, grabbed him by the shoulders and body slammed him to the ground.
She knew if she was going to have any chance of defeating him, she would need to disarm him.

While he was down, she tried to get the knife from out of his grasp, but he turned his hand at the same time and made a swift cut to her upper wrist.
Kara screamed in pain, but she still held him down as best she could.

But it was no use. The kryptonite already in her system was weakening her. Her super strength wasn't as effective.

Dendron quickly flung her to the ground next to him, and got to his feet. Kara's arm was throbbing in pain. She almost wished she could.just be left there to lay on the ground for the rest of her life, but she couldn't give up now.

She tried to take a deep breath, to gather whatever strength she had left, but her airways we're soon cut off by a strong hold on her neck.

Dendron grabbed her by the neck and and super sped her into a full on body slammed, against the wall.