Chapter forty-four

Mon-el snuck into Kara's loft as quietly as he could so that he wouldn't wake her. It was around midnight since he had stayed back at the DEO for a little to check in with Winn.

He had to make sure the little computer nerd didn't rat him out to Kara. He closed the door ever so gently to avoid waking someone with super hearing.

When he looked across the room, he expected her to be in bed but instead she was sprawled across the couch with one hand hanging off the edge, almost touching the ground. The TV was still on, with some musical piece filling the apartment.

He couldn't help but stop and stare at the beautifully tired girl sleeping so innocently on the couch. If there was any indication by his smile, he knew just how lucky he was that she was his.

Well, soon she would officially be his anyway.

He made his way to the couch, turned the TV off and gently put his arms under her and picked her up carefully.

Kara snuggled her head into his chest involuntarily as he carried her to the bed.

He bent down and placed her carefully onto the mattress before reaching for her blanket to cover her.

" Where were you?" she muttered sleepily as she tried opening her eyes.

He covered her with the blanket immediately.

" Just running an errand for Winn. Nothing to be worried about. Now go to sleep." he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be right back. I'm just gonna take a shower." he squeezed her leg.

" Don't take too long." she demanded, but her eyes were already closing.

He smiled. She must've had a long day at CatCo.

After his shower he climbed into bed slowly, but before he could settle in, Kara had already turned around and bear hugged him out of nowhere with two arms of steel.

He grinned. She really must've missed him while he was gone. But he didn't think anything of it. He found it absolutely adorable the way she was holding on to him. So he just relaxed his breathing and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Mon-el woke up to loud noise followed by incessant cursing. When he opened his eyes, he saw that Kara had dropped a glass of juice on to the floor and it shattered.

" Kara? You need some help?" he asked sleepily.

" No! No, I got it. I'm just running late for work." she said as she speed cleaned the mess from the floor.

" I overslept a little and now I'm definitely gonna be late!" she shouted as she grabbed her bag and put on her glasses.

" I gotta go, but I made you pancakes, they're on the counter!" she rushed as she headed for the door.

" I'll see you later okay?!" she opened the door ready to leave.

"Kara, wait!" Mon-el shouted before he supersped towards her, spun her around with one hand, causing the door to shut.

"Mon-el?! What........." but she didn't finish, because he pressed her up against the door and kissed her right there and then.

When he finally pulled away, Kara forgot where she was or where she was going as she stared into his green orbs.

" Don't work too hard okay?" he said.

Kara could only nod as the words dried up in her throat the minute her extremely attractive boyfriend wearing nothing but boxers, pressed her against the door and gave her a breathtaking kiss.