Chapter twenty-seven

Kara woke up to the sound of light snores filling her ears. As she took in her surroundings, she realized she wasn't in her apartment. No. She was in room with a dark ceiling and grey walls that emitted a green light. She tried to get up, only to realize that a pair of arms were holding her down. As she looked down to see the sleeping figure under her, the memories of last night came rushing back to her. And she couldn't contain her blush.

She lied back down on his warm chest, sighing happily as his arms wrapped tighter around her back subconsciously. She could hear the calming sound of his heartbeat as he slept. Give and take, it was on the other side of his chest compared to her and everyone else.

She couldn't believe Alex and Winn's plan had worked. Because of them she had gotten him back. She no longer had to pretend that she didn't want him. That she didn't love him. It felt like the world was lifted off of her shoulders. And she never felt better.

He stirred from his sleep, his eyes beginning to open. She looked up at his face unable to look away. Slowly, Mon-el opened his eyes as light filled his vision. He looked down to see a beautiful face smiling at him. His face broke out in a grin as he realized who it was lying on his chest.

"G'morning." he muttered sleepily as he adjusted his eyes. His inability to pronounce his words correctly made Kara giggle uncontrollably as she stared at him. Gosh, he could get used to that sound every morning.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked as he stared her beautiful orbs of blue.

"Well, we really didn't do much sleeping if you know what I mean." she blushed, fighting to suppress her smile.

He chuckled sending vibrations through his chest and onto her. This caused Kara herself to laugh. Something she hadn't been truly able to do in a while.

"Oh. Right." he responded.

"Gosh, I wish we could stay here forever. Just you and me." he sighed as he brought his lips gently to the top of her head.

"Awwww." she cooed before leaning upwards to place a soft kiss on his lips.

Mon-el immediately kissed her back, revelling in the feeling of her touch. Kara couldn't help but smile as his lips touched hers. It had been too long since she was able to do this. She pulled away suddenly, sitting up on the bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"What time is it?" she asked in a panicked tone.

"I dunno. Like 8 in the morning?" he guessed.

Kara's eyes widened, suddenly jumping off of the bed taking the sheets with her.

"Hey!!!! Why are you so jumpy all of a sudden?" he asked, looking for something to cover himself.

"Mon-el, if it's what time you just said it is, then that means we better hurry and get back into our clothes!!!" she said running around the room, picking up her shirt in one hand.

"What's the big deal?" he asked, raising his shoulders cluelessly.

"The big deal......is that Alex and Winn will be here any second to come let us out!!!! I don't think seeing two of their friends naked is what they need first thing in the morning!!!! And I don't think my sister will be too pleased!!!" she half shouted, half whispered.

"Oh, right. Good thinking." he said as he hurriedly got up grabbing his own pants from the floor.

Kara was already dressed, she walked around looking for her glasses. She took the time to pick up the photo of them that they had knocked over in last night's activities.

Mon-el on the other hand was still struggling to get dressed.

"Where did you throw my shirt??" he asked looking around the room.

"I don't know?!!! Just hurry up, I think they're coming!!!" she said panic stricken as she tried to put as much distance between herself and Mon-el as possible.

"Found it!!" he said as he rushed to put it on.

Suddenly, the emitters powered down and the door swung open to show Alex and Winn standing there.

"Alex! Winn!" Kara tried to play it cool. But Alex was already smirking and Kara couldn't figure out why.

"Soooo....... did you guys talk?" Winn asked as if he was walking on glass. He very well knew that they could be angry at him for locking them in here for 12 hours.

"Oh,....we did more than talk." Mon-el muttered to himself but both Kara and Alex heard him. Kara looked down to hide her blush.

"I'm sorry, what was that Mon-el?" Alex teased.

"Nothing." he said looking at the older Danvers sister.

"Ok then, you weirdos are free to go." Winn said watching them strangely before going back to his desk. Alex however hung back to watch everything play out.

"So, uh Kara, are you planning on uh, you know, going home any time soon or anything?? You know..... since you were trapped here all night?" she asked as if she didn't already know what went on in this room the previous night.

"Oh.....um......yeah. I should probably do that. Um, see you later Mon-el." she said and waved awkwardly at the same time, trying to act like nothing happened here last night. Alex mentally rolled her eyes.

Just as Kara had left, Mon-el and Alex stood there, staring at each other awkwardly.

"Hiiii." he said, trying to make conversation.

"So......you seem extremely chirpy this morning." Alex pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I guess I should thank you. You know for forcing me and Kara to talk. It really helped." he commented her.

She scoffed and stepped closer to him.

"Oh....is that so? And uh,.....all you guys did was just um, talk?" she asked sarcastically while folding her arms showing that she wasn't buying any of it.

"Yup. Just talk. It was a great talk. A talkative..........uh......talk." he lied.

Alex walked up to him without breaking eye contact once and said,
"You know, I have eyes right? And they can clearly tell that you and my sister did a lot more than just talk last night." , putting air quotes around the word 'talk'.

Mon-el tried to scoff believably.

"Well your eyes are mistaken, because we just talked." he tried to lie convincingly.

"Really?" she said.

"Rea.......lly." he replied unconvincingly.

"Is that why Kara's shirt was inside out and your pants are on backwards?" she smirked.

Mon-el looked down to see that his zipper was on the wrong side and he cursed inwardly. Kara was gonna kill him.

"Um,......I wear all my pants like this?????" he tried to lie convincingly.

Alex laughed, " Tell it to someone who will believe you." She began walking off.

"But just try not to defile my sister too much. Because I know ten different ways to kill you and I will if I have to." she threatened him and then left.

Mon-el swallowed the lump he didn't know his throat had. Gosh, both the Danvers sisters were gonna kill him.