Chapter thirty-four

"KARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mon-el screamed as loud as his voice could go.

Two seconds later, Kara fell to the floor with the shocked faces of her friends being the last thing she saw.

                  (1 hour before)

" Ahh. Earth 38. Not too bad if I say so myself." Dendron grinned as he came out of the breach.

" Now, where is this so called Cadmus?" he sped off through the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm at the entrance of the warehouse." Kara spoke.

"Copy that, Supergirl. Stay on alert, we don't know what he's planned." Cisco instructed.

"Can't you pull up the indoor footage of the building? So we can have a better assessment of the perimeter?" Caitlin asked.

"I've already tried that. All cameras have been offline as of one month ago." he replied.

"Supergirl, can you use your x-ray vision? To see inside?" Cisco asked.

Kara narrowed her eyes as she focused on the two giant doors in front of her but she couldn't see past them.

" That's a no. The walls are cased in lead. I can't see anything." she reported.

" I'm gonna try to go in from the roof. Standby." she commanded as she took off into the air and landed onto the roof of the warehouse.

She saw the glass panels lining the centre of the floor.

"Okay. Looks like it's time to make a grand entrance." she sighed.

She backed up a few steps and then leaped as high as she could into the air, above the glass windows with her heels pointed downwards.

As she descended, the force of her jump caused the glass to shatter upon contact with her feet. She was now falling really fast, towards the floor.

Alex heard a loud noise all of a sudden. And then her sister fell out of mid air.

"That was awesome!!!!" Kara grinned as she got up from her kneeling position.

"Kara! Kara, you came!" Alex shouted from inside the glass.

Kara looked up to see Alex staring at her from inside what appeared to be a glass cage. Barry and Wally were starting to come too, probably caused by Alex's incessant tapping on the glass.

" Hang on, I'm gonna get you out of here!" Kara shouted.

Alex shook her head, "No, Kara, you need to leave!!" she said.

Kara's confused look must've urged her to continue.

" It's a trap, Kara! He's already rendered Barry and Wally useless! He even knocked Mon-el out!! You're his next target! You need to leave!!" she pleaded.

Kara's ears perked up at what she said.

" Wait, where is Mon-el?" she asked.

Alex pointed on the other side of the warehouse where Mon-el lay on the floor unconscious in his own cell.

" Oh my god, Mon-el." she rushed over to his cell.

Mon-el looked like he was left out in the sun for too long. His face and hands were red and his hair a sweaty, matted, black mess.

" Kara, listen! Dendron used lead gas to knock him out! But it wasn't concentrated. He's gonna be fine. But you need to get out of here now!" Alex shouted.

"This is ridiculous. I'm gonna get you all out of here. Just hold on." she said, not heeding Alex's warning.

She raised her fist, about to break Mon-el's glass cell when a breach opened up just five feet away from her.

And out came Dendron.

"Not so fast, girl of steel." he grinned.

Barry and Wally were now fully awake, as Alex helped them get to their feet. Mon-el was beginning to stir.

" I believe everyone has woken up in just in time to play witnesses." he laughed.

He looked at Mon-el's cell.

"Well, almost everyone anyway." he added.

" I heard you were waiting for me." Kara began.

" But from the looks of it, you took a little break."

" What, you needed time to refresh yourself? Polish your shoes?" she asked sarcastically.

His smile dropped immediately. But it returned just as quickly.

Mon-el was now conscious. He groaned as he struggled to his feet, the lead dust still having it's lingering effects in him.

" No I decided to pay a little visit to National City." he answered, Kara's smile fading as he continued.

"Home of mild mannered reporter, Kara Danvers. Cousin of the almighty Superman and the daughter-in-law that Rhea never wanted." he smirked.

" How do you know all of this?" she asked sternly.

He pointed to his head.

" The mind is an oh so powerful tool isn't it? Well at least mine is, anyway."

" I don't get it, you've already taken Barry's and Wally's speed. Why are you keeping all of them here? For trophies?"

"And what do you want with me? It must be something if you went through all the trouble of invading my thoughts." she guessed.

" So many questions....." he said.

" You see,  Barry took everything from me. The family that I never got to have. My mother. Tossed me aside as if I was garbage. But when Barry came along? He was her life."

" And not once........did any of them think about me. Where I ended up. Who I had become. All because of him. The poster boy of the decade." he sighed.

" As for you. Barry should have never brought you into this. To help him in a fight that should've been between him and me."

" So now, I'm gonna show him just how much he messed up. By killing you. And it'll all be his fault." he smiled with wide eyes.

He sped over to Alex, Barry and Wally.

Then he spoke, tapping the glass violently everytime he emphasised a word.

" This time, Barry, it will be you who's abandoned and forgotten." he sneered.

" No one will look at you the same. You'll be responsible for the death of Supergirl. You'll be the one that's shunned. Not me. You." he added.

He sped across the room and punched the power panel right out of the wall, destroying it. He then pulled a tiny remote out of his pocket and pressed it.

The walls of the glass cells immediately became electrified. Alex, Barry, Wally and Mon-el stepped to the middle of their cells to avoid getting fried.

"Just to make sure no one interrupts us." he said.

Kara was getting tired of this. She started approaching him, until he pulled out an all too familiar looking substance in the form of a knife.

Kara stopped in her tracks, shocked by his movement and because she could feel the nausea kicking in.

" Wh-......where did you get kryptonite??" she asked.

"Where do you think?" he asked.

"Oh, and Cadmus says hello." he laughed before he lunged at her.

Tbc................stay tuned. Part two tomorrow.