Chapter thirteen

"Kara!!" Alex shouted as she and the strike team of DEO agents arrived.

"What did you find?" she asked.

"Their entire operation is underground and we should be able to infiltrate it around this area." she said as she pointed to a part of the floor on her left.

Alex turned to one of the agents behind her.

"How much C-4 do we have?"

" We have enough to break through the floor ma'am." he answered.

"Okay, Kara you break through the floor and then plant the C-4 from the inside. That way we will be able to take out their facility much more effectively without it causing too big a mess above ground." Alex instructed as she handed Kara the explosives.

"Once inside, you guys do what you can to take down as much of their security as possible. They're keeping him in a room at the centre of their operation. I will get to him. You guys just keep the rest of them preoccupied." Kara added.

"Okay, let's do this." Alex ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once inside, Kara made her way through the halls, knocking out Cadmus' agents one by one. Alex and the rest of her team trailed behind taking out anyone she missed or was about to strike from behind.

They managed to make it a few feet away from room 214, before the alarms went off and footsteps we're headed in their direction.

"You hold them off out here, I'll get Mon-el!!!!!" she shouted.

She super sped to the end of the hallway where she had seen Mon-el through the floor with her x-ray vision.

Without wasting a second, she ripped the door off of it's hinges and came face to face to the leader of this entire operation.

"Lillian....." she spat, her eyes suddenly feeling very heated.

She stepped into the room and only one second later, the guard who was inside the room, started shooting at her. She recognized immediately as the one who was holding the whip in the video message.

She grabbed his collar and flung him into a wall on the other side of the room.

"How did you find this place? We have been here for months without any detection whatsoever." she said, clearly in shock upon seeing her.

But Kara wasn't really listening. She was more focused on the person she loved, chained up like a dog across the room, not showing any signs of movement.

She could feel the heat in her eyes intensify as she faced Lillian. All she felt was pure rage. The same kind that she had felt when she fought Non last year.

"You took someone from me..... And I want him back........"

"You tortured him. Made him feel pain. You made him suffer......"

She stepped forward with her jaw clenched and her fists shaking.

"And now............ YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET IT!!!!!!" she shouted with so much force, Lillian took a step back.

She was about to teach Lillian a lesson but she was interrupted by Alex shouting through the comms.

"Kara! There are too many reinforcements!!! We have to go now!!! GET MON-EL AND GET OUT!!!!!

She could feel the heat in her eyes diminish.

She turned to face Lillian who was smirking.

"Sorry Supergirl, but it looks like you won't be catching me today."

Kara ran past her and broke the braces that were chaining his hands to the two poles.

He dropped to the floor, barely conscious.

"Ka-ra.....??" he muttered, his eyes still closed.

"I got you. I'm here. I'm gonna get you out of here okay? Just hang on." she comforted.

She lifted him in her arms and made her way towards the exit, after which she turned around and glared at Lillian.

"This is not over...." she threatened.

And with that she sped out of the room and flew towards the hole they had made in the floor above ground.

She flew to a spot some distance away from the factory.

"Alex? Did you make it out safe?" she shouted through the comms as she placed Mon-el carefully on the floor.

"We're coming up now Kara!"  she shouted.

She immediately turned and headed back to help Alex and the team.

Kara flew back to the opening and reentered the facility as she held off the incoming reinforcements, to allow the strike team to make it out safe.

She must have knocked out about fifty armed men, but more were approaching.

When she was sure everyone was out, she flew upwards, through the opening and used her freeze breath to seal the hole.

"We gotta get outta here! This won't hold them for very long!" she told Alex.

Kara ran back to where she had placed Mon-el. He was still unresponsive. But she could hear his heartbeat. He was alive.

"I need to get him back to the DEO immediately!!!" she scooped him back in her arms.

"Okay, we'll meet you there." Alex said as she and her team piled into the trucks.

Kara leaped into the air going as fast as she possibly could.

She had made it halfway to the DEO in five minutes.

C'mon, C'mon. Just hang on Mon-el. Just a little bit longer. We're almost there.

She looked down at him. His eyes were closed, his head resting against her shoulder. His face was covered with blood, his bruises and cuts still raw. And she could feel the patterns of the scars on his back. Where he had been hit. The thought of it was making her sick.

But she couldn't think about that right now. She had to get him medical attention immediately.

She finally landed in the DEO, where a team of doctors were on standby, waiting for his arrival.

She hurriedly placed him onto the gurney and then he was dragged away to the med bay.

"Kara, you did it!!!" shouted Winn as he ran up to hug her.

"Yeah, but I couldn't have saved him without your help. Thank you." she hugged him back.

"Always." he smiled.

"Good job Supergirl." Jonn praised.

"Thanks Jonn." she nodded.

Alex arrived the next second.

Kara ran to hug her.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Funny, I was now gonna ask you the same thing." Alex answered.

"I,... I think so. I just hope he is alright." she confessed, the worry starting to sink in.

"He's going to be fine. I promise. I'm just happy we found him before it was too late." Alex said.

"Me too. Me too." Kara sighed as she let go of Alex and headed towards the med bay.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!

Thanks for reading. ~ Karishma.