Chapter twenty-nine

"Well if it isn't Romeo and Juliet." Alex smirked as Kara and Mon-el walked into the DEO, shoulders touching.
Kara wasn't even bothered by her sister's utter amusement at her love life. Winn chuckled at Alex's comment but he was so happy for his friends.

"Ha. Ha." Kara said sarcastically as Mon-el wrapped his arms around her waist, not afraid to hide his need for her affection. She leaned into him in response.

"So.....now that we've finished having a good laugh at my love life, I'd like to get back to my current job. I am ready to kick some ass. " she said excitedly.

"Well, you're gonna have to wait, because there hasn't been much crime in the city lately." Winn informed.

Jonn approached them. "I guess even criminals take vacations. There is literally nothing for you guys to do." he turned to lean on the table.

"So, what do we do then?" Mon-el asked.

"You guys can do as you please. Until we notify you of any threat, you aren't really needed." Jonn said as he walked off.

Kara huffed. "So, what am I supposed to do now? I don't have to be at CatCo. And now I'm not really needed here."

"Mon-el, you can focus on perfecting your CPR skills. I'm sure Kara would love that." Alex snickered.

Mon-el blushed as Kara's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Alex!!!!" she half screamed, half whispered.

Winn was confused. He didn't seem to understand why Alex's words had embarrassed Mon-el and shocked Kara.

"Um.....am I missing something here?" he spun around in his chair.

"Oh didn't I tell you? You see Mon-el.........." Alex began but Kara super sped towards her and put a hand over her sister's mouth.

"Alex!!!!! You don't need to tell him anything!!!" she argued.

"Okay, okay!" she agreed as she pulled Kara's hands from her lips.

Kara huffed and walked back to Mon-el. "So what do you want to do?" she asked.

"Um.....wait, I think I have an idea." he said as he pulled her by her hand.

"What?...." she began curiously but he just pulled her along.

"C'mon!!!" he responded, as she followed him.

Once they were outside, he came to a stop and turned to Kara.

"Okay, close you eyes, and wait here." he instructed.

"Mon-el...??" she asked.

"Just trust me." he said.

She nodded and closed her eyes as she stood randomly on the sidewalk. She heard a 'whoosh' sound but she kept her eyes closed.

Mon-el had super sped off further into the city, until he found what he had been looking for. He ran right back to his previous location, trying not to damage what he had just purchased.

He came to a stop in front of Kara who had kept her eyes closed the entire time. With his hand behind his back, he got down on one knee.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." he grinned.

Kara opened her eyes to see Mon-el kneeling in front of her. She was shocked to say the least.

"Mon-el.....what do you think you're doing???" she asked hoping he wasn't going to propose. Not that she didn't love him, but it was way too early for that.

"Well, considering all the ups and downs we've had lately, I realised that I never got to really do something significant with you." he smiled.

Okay, now she was full on confused.