Chapter 34

Chapter 34 - I'll be home for Christmas

Disclaimer: the characters and all recognisable situations belong to Stephenie Meyer - this is a work of fan fiction, except for the legends and histories of the Quileute that, of course, belong to them. I pay my respects to their gods.

Thanks to BanSidhe [ruadh sidhe] and Feebes86 for betaing and pre-reading.

Joy and a few other people had commandeered the large kitchen in the communal hall. They were baking up a storm and had made sure that the urns were always at the boil and that there were plenty of sandwiches and home baked cakes and biscuits for hungry wolves to snack on. The workers swapped about but they had plans to have the kitchen open as late as they could.

After Bella had declared she could not push out the shield anymore and gone to visit Jake, the pack had worked together a little longer before Josh suggested they all take a break. Some of the pack had gone off to patrol, some had gone home and a few more had headed towards the delicious smells coming from the hall.

Bella and Jake met them there.

People were spread around talking in groups or just sitting quietly. The pack members could all hear the roar of a motorcycle coming from miles away. No one was surprised when it pulled up outside the hall.

A woman, who looked about forty, strode into the meeting wearing skin tight black leather pants and heeled boots. She pulled off her helmet and tossed her dark hair over her shoulder, knowing full well that every person in the room was watching her.

"Ellen?" Josh called out.

He rushed to her with a speed that made Bella's eyes narrow. He kissed her, swooped her up in a hug and spun her around.

"Whoa, wait," she said.

"I haven't seen you for years," Josh said. He turned and waved at Bella. "Izzy, this is my little sister."

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Ellen was staring at Quil. She had seen him when Josh spun her and she couldn't take her eyes off him. Josh saw where she was looking.

She smacked Josh in the chest with the back of her hand. "Tell me who that piece of man meat is."

"Quil."

"Is he an Ateara?"

"Of course. Number five."

Ellen licked her lips. "Oh, now… he looks delicious."

"Did she just imprint?" Jake asked. "She smells like a wolf."

"Ellen? Can you change?" Josh asked her.

"Yes." She only had eyes for Quil.

"Excellent, so you will be in Billy's pack." Josh pointed where some of the Forties members were sitting with Billy, but she ignored him.

"How did you control it and get human again?" Sam asked.

"I've got skills. And I don't change if it wrecks my favorite pants," she added, shimmying her ass. There was no doubt which were her favorite pants. "What's an imprint?"

"When a wolf finds its mate," Sue answered.

"When did you change?" Josh asked her.

"Couple of days ago. I was fucking some biker dude behind their club house. Got a little too excited and my heart-rate went wild. Next thing I knew, I was furred out and running through the trees, with an overwhelming need to go back to the rez. Weird, huh? I haven't been back here for years."