Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - I'll be home for Christmas

Disclaimer: the characters and all recognisable situations belong to Stephenie Meyer - this is a work of fan fiction, except for the legends and histories of the Quileute that, of course, belong to them. I pay my respects to their gods.

Thanks to BanSidhe [ruadh sidhe] and Feebes86 for betaing and pre-reading.

"So you are on for sex?" Josh asked her as he brushed his lips down the side of her neck.

"In the forest?" she checked.

"Yeah."

She looked at her eager wolf and glanced beyond him to the fire where people were still gathered. "A new year," she said pensively.

"Brilliant point. Hang on." Josh kissed her quickly. "Stand right here. Don't move. I'll be back."

He darted off and spoke quickly to both Embry and Sam. She watched him do that and she watched him walk back to her. As he noticed her attention, his face changed from a little concerned about something to that look he got when he was eager for sex. As if he wanted to eat her, and in the very good way. She shivered and put her hand up to her neck. He knew why. She had told him that she ached there sometimes; usually when she was looking at him.

He stopped in front of her and looked down, lifting his hand to brush over hers. "Do you want me to kiss that better for you?" he asked in a low voice.

She nodded.

He leaned down and pressed his lips onto her skin under the edge of her jaw. Her eyes closed and she held her head out of the way for him. His warm hand held the back of her head as his lips worked their way down her neck.

"So," he hummed against her skin. "Yes?"

"It's cold," she protested."

"Not with me."

"Tell me what you said to Sam and Embry."

"Later."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He slid around behind her and pushed at her gently.

She laughed. "Okay… okay."

They stumbled further into the forest; walking was difficult with Josh plastered up behind her and he ended up half carrying her. They were both laughing.

"I can't see," she complained.

"Oh, but I can and I will steer you in the right direction."

"You'll tell me if I stand on something that bites, too, right?"

"Of course." He guided her over to a small tree. "Hang onto this branch. I promise it is bug free."

"Sure," she said dripping with skepticism.

"You haven't done this before," he realized.

She squirmed. "No." She could guess that he had; he had grown up in this area but she didn't want to mention it now.

"Nice," he breathed in her ear, his hands busy undoing her jeans. "First time for nature, huh? Don't let go of that branch."

"O-okay."

She jolted a little as his super heated fingers slid inside her clothing, digging under the layers until they found the first evidence of their target. They brushed over her pubic hair and she took a deep breath. Still kissing her his hand slid down and one finger dipped inside. She pushed back against him.