Chapter - 1

Aileen's POV

My all thoughts were pushed away when I heard my Mum's voice:

"Come down my dear, dinner is ready".

"Yes Mum, only 5 mints" I replied.

Then I quickly arranged all the documents in a bundle and moved towards the dining hall. I found Mum and Dad already sitting there waiting for me. I entered in the hall, decided to sit on the right chair of my dad's which I considered it as a throne. Mum was there on the left side of him. This is the permanent sitting of all, well I love my place.

"What happened Aileen? Is there anything wrong?" My Dad asked.

"No Dad, I am completely fine, Alhumdullilah (by the grace of Almighty Allah)" I replied in the confusion that why he asked such a question.

"Are you satisfied with the new university ?"

After a few minutes of silence, I finally answered him in a low voice.

"Yes Dad it's like going to take a great time to adjust well I am, but... but I am nervous too. But I am sure everything will become as normal as it were back in the city which we just said goodbye. "

"Yeah! Sweety, we miss our previous house but that's what life is. But why you're nervous?" My mum asked.

"I don't know; but I am, maybe because...."

My Dad cuts:

"Aileen you're not a baby anymore. You're a brave girl of mine. Don't be afraid of anyone. If anyone tries to threaten you then just tell me. I will break his bones. Look I still have great muscles, see (showing his muscles)."

I and my Mum broke into laughter. After controlling my laugh which was not an easy task, for now, I said

"No Dad, you don't have to. You are right, I am your brave girl & strong too. Look I am having muscles too (showing my muscles which hardly appears). I can do that with myself." I lied but I hate to feel weak.

"Yeah! My power up girl. Now eat, it is going to be a very long day tomorrow. This city is very different, always remember." My Dad said with a  smile in his face as if this had reminded him of the best moments of his life.

we finally had our dinner which was very tasty and moved towards our bedrooms.

I laid on my bed and started thinking. I still doubted my decision for joining the new university but someday I have to face all. I did not want to be weak. I was strong and brave as what my father says. So, I am ready. I am ready to join a new university.

Then after a few minutes, I switched off the lights, closed my eyes and finally fell into a deep slumber.

#

Vote • Comments​ • Share