Chapter - 26

Aileen's POV

"Your life is in danger."

Worry was the only thing which was reflecting from his hypnotising orbs. The low light of the room was the perfect setting for my mournful confession. I didn't know whether I should tell him or not. I would never, although he wasn't asking anything his eyes were screaming to tell the whole thing. It was so hard for me. It was like desiring for the most beautiful flower but when you tried to approach it then you will just end up getting yourself wound by the thorny bushes.

"No one's life is in danger, my dear. We are all safe." He said.

His eyes were swimming in the ocean of lots of emotions of sympathy, pain, care, love. Love? Really?

"Please don't love me. The danger comes free with my love." I cried

"Habibi, as long as you're with me. No one can even touch you." He said firmly.

"It's not about just getting hurt Shazman. It's about life. Damn life Shazman." I started crying as if crying can stop the upcoming disaster.

"Then tell me Hayati, trust a little. Your safety is my first responsibility."

I looked into his reddish brown orbs seemed like at any moment it will start bleeding with hurt. His eyes were screaming to tell the real truth. But what about me? My own self, my ego?

My soul was torn apart and sliced into pieces. Every tip of hair was screaming for mercy, for freedom and for 'home'.

I was yearning for a home. I was craving for a home. Sometimes it is not just about a building or an architecture, but memories. Very desperately people want their memories back to reel in the present life but I wasn't from those because my memories haunt me and I never wanted to face my memories again. My memories were the greatest enemy. They battle with me and unfortunately, they won, always won. They were following me and I was running far from it. The more I wanted to get rid of it, the more it followed me. I was tired, tired of running from all, from my past which is burning in my very soul.

"I am scared." I spoke vulnerably

"Scared from whom? Me? Don't tell me."

"Yes, I am"

"Please Aileen" He uttered my name with such emotions that it was enough for me to flinch. Yeah, I was scared, scared of his love, his affection.

"You would hate me." I said with glassy eyes

"I can't. Just tell me." He said and this time in an authoritative tone silently showing his rights over me. He firmly held my arms and made me sit on the sofa, caring the back of my hand softly.

"Say," he said and this time I knew that I can't run away from his eyes more.

"I.. I was so young, just eight years old with my whole family when we all were enjoying the holidays in the hill station. I, my brother, my Mum Dad every one was so happy. Everything was covered with snow, the white layer background was a perfect setting for out colourful attires. We had so fun. But who knew that a huge storm was following us like a hungry wolf in woods. That storm was not like a simple one which usually comes and goes away but that was the first storm in my life that came but never went back! That day, I was with my brother, who is my twin stood aside from our hotel waiting for a taxi to return to our home town. My parents were clearing things at the hotel counter and me my brother was enjoying the cloudy weather.  Then suddenly out of nowhere a car halted with a sharp screech an-and forcefully dragged me into it. My brother was trying to fight with those three well-built men. He cried for help and when my parents got attention towards us. Those monsters also dragged my brother into the car and went away. M-my parents were screaming for help but when everyone came it was all too late. We both were kidnapped!"