Chapter - 7

Aileen's POV

~

  “Aileen, be quick! We are getting late.” Dad said

  “Yes dad, wait let me tie my Hijab.”

Today was the wedding ceremony of Shama Aunty’s daughter. I quickly tied my hijab and came out of my room.

  “Oh my Allah, you looking gorgeous Ma Shaa Allah.” Mum said.

  “Jazak Allah Khair mum” I replied with a little chuckle.

I wore the same dress which Aneeba had chosen for me with a glittering purple Hijab, little makeup with Mascara and light pink lip gloss. Being Muslimah doesn’t mean I don’t do makeup. Of course, I am a girl with girly habits too!

  “Ok my ladies, can we move for the ceremony or else we all miss that.” Dad said with a smile.

  “You mean food?” Mum corrected Dad

  “Yeah, same thing.” He said and winked to Mum.

Finally, we reached​  the venue and Ma Shaa Allah the arrangement was too nice. The venue was engulfed in the bright lights. I saw the bride and she was looking like a fairy with her long beautiful white gown. My mum got busy in worldly talks with other women and I was sitting there listening to them like a coward.

  “Aileen, this is Shama Aunty.” Mum introduced​

  “Assalamualikum Shama Aunty. We met before in the park a week before approx. Do you remember?” I asked

  “Walaikum Asslam, yeah Aileen I do remember. How can I forget, I am not that old, you know.” She said with a billion dollar smile.

  “Oh Aunty, I didn’t mean that way” I quickly tried to recover.

  “I know, I was just kidding well you looking beautiful Ma Shaa Allah.” She said.

  “Oh, Jazak Allah Khair Aunty. Your daughter is also looking good. Actually, she is looking marvellous.” I spoke with a smile. I really liked​ Shama Aunty. She was very friendly and sometimes acted like one of my college mates.

  “Oh so nice of you, well my daughter Sana will be pleased to meet you. Let me call my son. It’s too hard to know where he is in this crowd. So I must dial his number.” She said whilst tapping on her phone.

Was it really important to go with her son to meet Sana? I mean I had my own legs and could do it with my self.

  “Hello, Shazman! Can you please come here. We have some special guests over here. I need you.” Shama Aunty said and cut the call.

  Within approx. five minutes the boy appeared. I noticed​ and found that he was the same boy who saved me in the canteen. Oh Gosh! What in the world he was doing here.

  “Aileen meet my son Shazman.”

  “Asslamualikum” I greeted him while my gazes were still on the ground.

  “ Walaikum Asslam” I heard​ a voice which was full of pleasant feeling. Of course he should be happy, In fact, this was her own sister’s wedding.

  “She is my friend’s daughter Aileen. Take her with yourself and introduce to Sana. And one more thing I don’t want any complaints.” She commanded

  “Ok Captain!” He spoke accepting her mother’s order on which I smiled on their conversation. He moved towards the stage and I started​ following him.

  “Sana, here meet Aileen. Mom’s friend’s daughter.”

  We greeted​ each other and started​ talking random talks and all. She inherited many good traits from her mother I must say. After a few more talks, I asked​ her.

  “Are you feeling hungry?”

  “I am starving!” she spoke

I laughed​ a little on her statement. We became good friends in just a few mints.

  “Ok, I will bring you some ice-cream.” I said and left the stage.

I found there was no sign of her brother. What was his name? Yeah, Shazman. Well, nice name. I moved​ towards the food section and took a medium size cup of vanilla with Choco chips toppings over it. I moved myself to return back to the stage but I saw someone was standing in front of me blocking my way. I raised​ my head to saw the one and found none other than the same Fahad boy!

  “Hello babe, you looking hot.” He said with a wink.

What he was doing here. When he was about to hold my hand I quickly ran away from that place while holding an ice-cream cup with one hand and my gown with others. My breath​ became heavy.

I didn't know where I was going, all I wanted​ was to just run away from him. His presence always made me feel shiver and fearful.

Then suddenly I bumped into something and like a ray of light that falls on a mirror, I reflected back a bit. That thing was really hard. And just when I thought why someone made a pillar in the middle of the gallery. I moved my eyes up and then realised I actually not bumped into something but 'someone'!

#

Vote • Comments • Share