Chapter - 31

Aileen's POV

"Stop! If you know me well then I am not going to free you. By the way, I have something to give you. Guess what?"

I was in deep thought that what it could be and if there was something then that 'something' could be anything.

He took out a tape recorder and played it. Fresh tears started flowing from my eyes.

That was the sound Umar!

"Oh, my baby girl is crying. Don't you happen to listen to your only brother's last words?" He said with a wicked smile on his face.

Taib knew very well how to give me intense pain. It's been such a long time of Umar's death but still, it was never easy for me to overcome that tragedy. I saw him in my dreams. I still hear his voice. His voice echoed in my ear. Everything was fresh as ever.

Umar was my better half and the day when the news of his death reached then it was like someone shot a bullet in my heart. And that pain was still as fresh as before.

Taib knew how to make me depressed. He knew not only how to hurt me physically but also mentally too. He had his tricks.

I always see Umar in my dreams. But this time his voice totally broken me.

"Let me go Taib, what you want from me? Please, Aileen must be afraid. I beg you to please let me go. I won't try to escape again. I will live all my life here with Aileen. Taib don't punish Aileen for my mistake. She has nothing to do with this."
Umar said to Taib. His voice was stammering.

"Oh then, you've to pay for what you've done," Taib screamed

And there was the sound of loud gunshot!

I Screamed.

"Taib how can you shot Umar. You're a monster. You've no heart." I cried while holding his collar.

"Put off your hand from my collar. He paid what he had done. This is a lesson for you. Listen and learn."

I still was in a miserable condition. I burst out heavily. I could not find any light. I wanted to meet my brother anyhow.

I wanted to die.

Oh, Umar!

I should have to stop you.

I am the meanest sister ever.

He was dead because of me, for my protection.

Ya Allah! I seek your refuge. Help me and show me the right path.

~

I didn't know for how long I am in this monster's trap. Maybe 24hrs and maybe more than that. My body was now all bruised. I was breathing but not living. I was just alive. I could not able to bear more.

It was the wounds that contribute to such pain but the voice of my love, my brother, Umar.

Oh! Umar. I wish it was me who got shot by Taib that terrible day. I wasted your sacrifice. I am back into his trap. Sorry Umar! I have paid for my mistake.

I soon will die and I, you'll forgive me. I could not even take my life and all I could do was to wait for my death.

My hope had already died and all which was left to arrive were the angels of death.

Then darkness blurred my vision and all  I remember was a bang sound which was made when I fall on the floor.

#

♥️

Like • Comment • Share

Author's note:

Assalamualaikum,
Thank you all for loving this story. I decided to stop this but your comments really encouraged me to continue again.
JazakAllah Khair

What you think...
- Is Aileen dead?